{Challenge}Extracting video from .dll files! Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

p_d5010

Journeyman
Hi,
I Just bought one C programming video tutorials by Kanetkar, but when I try to run windows vista, it says it doesnt support the os(coz it doesnt detectWindows media player 11). I am in no mood to install xp just for that tutorials, so i opened the cd and found export.dll file in lectures folder which cant be opened directly in any media player(mayb coz of some encryption).
Can anyone please help me out to extract the video from .dll files?
Thanks

OP
P

p_d5010

Journeyman
hmm..trying it, will post the result soon

Ok, Did it. It says the following: Its not a win32 executable file.......
anyone here can help?

Last edited:

hansraj

In the zone
not a direct solution but if u try to install microsoft virtual pc, then u may be able to view those videos after virtual installation of xp.

hansraj

In the zone
I am posting a PM to u and for the rest of the users i am writing in detail.

Here's the method to do it.

Concept: The idea is to install a third party application in vista which enables you to install any os of your choice within the existing os. So for you it will mean first you start Vista and then in vista you start XP ( or any other os of your choice) for doing any such job which you can do exclusively in xp. This XP installation is always stored as one large file which does not effect your primary OS. At times people use this concept for online surfing as it will ensure that your mother OS remains away from viruses and spam attacks.

How to do it:
1. Click the link below to download the freeware "Microsoft Virtual PC"
*www.microsoft.com/downloads/detail...22-6EB8-4A09-A7F7-F6C7A1F000B5&displaylang=en
2. Install the application and now you will require the OS installation cd which u want to install. I assume its xp, so u will require xp installation cd.
3. Once you run the application MS virtual pc, you will find an option to capture the cd rom drive where you have inserted the installation cd.
4. Hereafter just follow the instructions and messages onscreen and at the end, you will have a file with *.vhd extension which will have your complete os.
5. NOw run the virtual os and install the application which you want to in this virtual environment. Your mother os (Vista) is not at all effected by what you do in this virtual os and the size of this *.vhd will keep increasing as you keep increasing the data in its C/: drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom