celeron Processor vs 120 GB HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

pop143

Journeyman
hi friends..

i do have a Intel celeron 300 mhz proceesor cpu.

am updating my hardisk from 8gb to 120gb....am having a gr8 doubt that is taht ok my celeron will supoort and give good performance for my new 120gb hdd

i there any connection between processor speed and hard disk size?

or shud i go for higher processor for my new HDD..??

if its k....that i extend my ram alone..!! to 128mb..!

give me ure suggestions..!

thnaks

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Hmm .. 300 MHz ... well Hdd's do utilize CPU ... i think in certain cases u might face a lag ... ru sure the mobo support the 120 GB hdd ??

OP
P

pop143

Journeyman
deathvirus_me said:
Hmm .. 300 MHz ... well Hdd's do utilize CPU ... i think in certain cases u might face a lag ... ru sure the mobo support the 120 GB hdd ??

am not sure...whether my mobo supports the extension of HDD. if in the case it supports..just guess or imagine and telll..in that time period of 300mhz..the motherboards...till how much gb would it had supported..????

plz tell me..whether that kind of restriction is there on motherboard for HDD extension. i had heard only for ram extension restriction on the motherboard.

dIgItaL_BrAt

Cyborg Agent
with the processor u have,i'm guessing the max HDD u can install would be of 32 GB,although manufacturers do provide patches to support larger HDD's.

deathvirus_me

Wise Old Owl
Something like that ... coz if i remember correctly , my old P3 didn't support anything over 40 GB (i gotta face it when i brought a 80 GB) ... donno whats the limiting factor though ..

OP
P

pop143

Journeyman
thank u guys , for sharing ure experiences....

if possible can any1 tell me...

wotz the part or component in mobo which disqualifies my new high gb hdd..??

Zaysen

Broken In
Well I Tried to fix a 40gb in a Similar 300mhz Celeron CPU and It Only Recognised 8.40 Gb and hence before buying update your bios and get a hard disk on trial basis. If it works then only buy a new one. If After upgrading the BIOS it does not recognise the hard disk then do a full system upgrade to AMD Athlon 64.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom