CD's WITH INTRALAUNCH ACTIVE-X CONTROL

Should the browser execute target files without asking questions in CD's HTMPL pages ???

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

kl_ravi

Journeyman
hi All,

This is my first posting.

Here is an interesting item.

I happen to be the member of british library and I borrow computer books like PC PLUS, PERSONAL COMPUTER WORLD etc, a new feature I found was the presence of an interesting active x control called Intralaunch in html pages.

What will happen if you click a hyperlink linked to a zip or exe file ???
The browser asks you to 'open it from location' or 'save it to disk'. For exe file, it will also warn about non existance of digital signature.

ENTER particle Software's Intralaunch, click on a link to exe file, it will simply execute without asking questions. The purpose of this active x control is to launch windows based applications directly from the html page. The activeX control will persuade IE to open the link without asking questions.

More information is available at this website....*www.particlesoftware.com/en/

Now My question/Suggestion is why don't the DIGIT CD's carry this active X control in their HTML pages ???

Please give it a try....!!!!

nirubhai

Broken In
i'd never prefer to any exe get run without my permission.
in fact, i normally skip the autorun by pressing shift!

OP
kl_ravi

kl_ravi

Journeyman
Dear mr Nirubhai,

The *.exe WILL NOT EXECUTE by itself unless you click on the hyperlink.......

Once you click on the hyperlink, it will execute without asking you to "save to disk" or "open from location "

OP
kl_ravi

kl_ravi

Journeyman
Dear mr Nirubhai,

The *.exe WILL NOT EXECUTE by itself unless you click on the hyperlink.......

Once you click on the hyperlink, it will execute without asking you to "save to disk" or "open from location "

OP
kl_ravi

kl_ravi

Journeyman
I wish to open up this topic for discussion again.

Has anybody tried out the Intra Launch ActiveX Control.

You can download this software here *www.particlesoftware.com/en/

Kiran

Right off the assembly line
I agree with nirubhai's concern. Certainly i would not prefer any exes get executed without my permission. The URLs can be misleading. Just think if the URL text tell you that your downloading an Antivirus Updates but executes a Trojan instead.......................

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Hmmm.. I dont like that idea ... by the way .. I open PCW CDs in MyIE2 .. And pressing Alt key before clickin on those links gives you your familier Open .. Save dialog box ..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom