CDs from DVD ???

Status
Not open for further replies.

aku

Gonna make it BiG
im sorry and neithr did i wnated 2 make double threadz on a sm topic.. but in case...

*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?t=29940

to add 2 it.. hw can i do the sm with fedora core dvds???

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
I tried it.. There is a way (or so they say), but the CD's didnt work.. This method uses jigdo..

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
Yes there is a way. But it's only for experts, not for normal users.
Normal users are better off burning CD images to CD.

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
If you have 5 CDs of Suse Linux you can make it into a DVD. Here is the procedure:
*en.opensuse.org/Making_a_DVD_from_CDs

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Download the fedora core 5 .jigdo and .template files for all 5 CDs from *download.wpi.edu/pub/jigdo/ . Then install jigdo by typing "yum install jigdo" now just type "jigdo-lite <path to FC5disk1.jigdo file" it will ask you the location of DVD drive eg "/media/disk-1". Jigdo will then create the iso files. Do the same for each of the 5 CDs.

P.S: Im saying again, it didnt work for me, the installation failed.

OP
aku

aku

Gonna make it BiG
okay.. interestin.... btw Jguru.. i kno dat.. i jus wanna kno da rev. process.
newayz kapik.. tx dude

OP
aku

aku

Gonna make it BiG
well wat i ws thinkin is dat.. we r havin da dvd image of da distro.. nw is there ne way 2 extract da images fr da consicutive cds frm da dvd source using da md5 hash??? of lyk theres a script which will extrace all the files frm da iso, create seperate folders and then da respective directory structures for thr respective cds.. adn later on it'll convert it 2 a iso and we'll b abl 2 burn it.. i hope ive made myself clear... 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom