CDRW detected in BIOS but not in Windows

Status
Not open for further replies.

joy_chak

Right off the assembly line
Hi guys pls help me with this yesterday i put a cd to burn and suddenly a sound cme and it broke into pieces i have open it removed all the pieces and when i conneted it, it gets detected i bios but not in windows i have tryed everything HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!! I uses XP and i have LG writer

sknowonweb

Journeyman
Its Gone

Sorry boss,
since u says u tried "everything" I fear your Writer may be Gone. Normally these kind of cases spoils the Lens . checkout witha a h/w service personal.

phatratt

In the zone
since the cd disintegrated into pieces,it must have damaged the lens or any other fragile parts.You will nedd to open up the writer and check what excatly been damaged.take it to authorised service center for repairs.

countrock

Broken In
joy_chak said:
Hi guys pls help me with this yesterday i put a cd to burn and suddenly a sound cme and it broke into pieces i have open it removed all the pieces and when i conneted it, it gets detected i bios but not in windows i have tryed everything HELP ME!!!!!!!!!!! I uses XP and i have LG writer

mostly like sknowonweb and phatratt said..the broken cd has damaged ur writer.. it would cost anywhere from 100 onwards to fix. i recommend getting a new writer.

this happens to most LG and Samsung writers if u burn a cd at more than 40X.. i.e. 48X or 52X. Some cds wich are not ment to be written at that speeds so they explode or break up. it is safe to burn and read cds at 40X.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom