CDROM won't read CDs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Elitecoder

Broken In
Hello Guys
i am in a big problem. I have a samsung SC-152 CDROM which i am running with Windows XP. I have a P-III machine with 192 MB RAM. The problem is this that windows recognizes the CDROM but wen i put any CD in the ROM, i shows an error signal as the ROM is EMPTY and plz put a CD in it.
I have tried running many CDs but the result was always the same.
I looked for the drivers on the Samsung site, but found none.
Otherwise CDROM is working fine, i mean mechanically.
Plz help me out as i am in a helpless state.
Thanks in advance.

Captain Digit

Broken In
How do you know it is working mecanically?You just said that none of the CD work.

Check the CD for scratches,maybe the CD was not burnt properly.

Also check the cable connections.

Try a CD Rom Lenc Cleaner.Maybe dust has settled on the reading Lenc.

OP
E

Elitecoder

Broken In
Hello Mr. Captain Digit
I know the device is working mechanically because the tray is working good and it also ejects by the commands run from Windows.
I have already cleaned it with a lens cleaner and let tell that i already have mentioned that i have tried CDs but none of them runs.
Hope you will tell me something new.
Thank you all the same.
Elitecoder

Captain Digit

Broken In
Well you never mentioned,you used a lenc cleaner in the first post,how am i supposed to know what you did & what you did not do.

If it is under warrenty then,ask for replacement,or repair it.

If nothing else works,buy a new one, they are cheap enough.

saROMan

QA Juggler
Well this surely is the Lense problem...get a Lense Cleaner CD ....run it to clean the lense(oops u did it already...;)hmm) ....if still the problem persist then the only option is to get it checked by Technician....also how old is ur CDROM?? also any CD was Broken/Blowed up in the CD rom in the Past....if it was then may b some pieces are left inside causing the problem....in either Case get it checked...also new Rom's are Now Dart Cheap.....500 Bucks i guess...so get one....and Finally Being a Samsung Victim ..Statutory Warning when it comes to CD ROM's Keep away from Samsung....they have a Whole range of Crappy CDRom's.....:(

q3_abhi

Youngling
Getting a new CD-ROM is far better than getting a new lens (if its gone). Becoz the CD-ROMS are available in market anywhere at very cheap rates.I recommend, u should get a new CD-ROM.

Biplav

In the zone
u wud be gettin g a cd rom at Rs 500 flat .
so better go for it if u have the money as of now.

V

vishal_bhatia87

Check for the connecting cables
Run the lens cleaner CD
If all above doesn't work than the problem is sure with the lens
If it is in warranty then take it to the service center
Otherwise buy the new one as cd roms are very cheap now a days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom