Broken In
I tried to mount cdrom but i am getting error
Code:
mount: block device /dev/hda is write-protected, mounting read-only
mount: /dev/hda already mounted or /media/cdrom busy

What can be done to this?

praka123

left this forum longback
perhaps the cd might have been already automounted,while u r trying to mount the mounted One :mrgreen: .Just have a look @ desktop for cdrom icon showing up.for me,i had a problem umounting cd/dvds in debian linux,whenever i try umount verifying i am not inside any open files/dirs in the cd,it shows hda/cdrom busy.atlast i tried lsof command which shows famd(file altrntn monitor) daemon which is interfering,killed the famd event umounted.also heard gamin's got saMe problem.

vignesh

Wise Old Owl
If you inserted the cd while starting into your desktop then it would have mounted automatically.

OP
P

prashanthmpai

Broken In
I dont know what was happening because when i insert the CD in rom and then press CDROM icon on desktop, i was getting that error. Even i tried giving command in Terminal but still got the same error.

praka123

left this forum longback
what's ur /etc/fstab shows?something like tis

Code:
/dev/hda         /media/cdrom0   udf,iso9660 user,noauto     0       0

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
I had this problem in slackware 10.2 too. But, it disappeared after installing 2.6.13 kernel.
You can also try giving eject command from the terminal instead of ejecting the cd directly.

OP
P

prashanthmpai

Broken In
In fstab its like this
Code:
/dev/hda                /media/cdrom            auto    pamconsole,fscontext=system_u:object_r:removable_t,exec,noauto,managed 0 0

What can be done to this?

Even for the cdrecorder its the same as above..

praka123

left this forum longback
It may have to do with Selinux/PAM things, which i am yet to study bhai(preparing for RHCE..),OR if u put a bakup of /etc/fstab and edit n remove the line showing hda and try running
'kudzu'?will it work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom