CDKey

Status
Not open for further replies.

marulez

Broken In
Hi, may this question might be little bit weird but i hope some of you guys can help me. I bought a laptop a month ago..and got a free Windows Media Edition DVD for free. In that DVD there wasn't any serial key coz the DVD was already activated.
Now after a month from now, i formatted my desktop and tried to install a original Media Center which i got while buying my laptop. Now the weird thing is that it asks for serial number and it keeps on giving warning that i should activate it within 30 days. So far, 5 dayz have already passed that makes 25 dayz remainin.
So, my question is, is there any way to retrieve the CD-key from the OS (media center) that i have already installed in my laptop.

Note: Pls don't tell me to talk to customer service from where i bought it.

Thanks in advance.

vkr15

Broken In
Magical Jelly Bean Keyfinder v 1.41.
Google for it and download it. 256 kB file, I reckon.
vkr15

anandk

Distinguished Member
if u have formatted the pc i dont think this jellybean finder will help u :)
go to ur hardware supplier from where u bought the lappy from and ask him to solve ur problem.

incidentally this jellyguy is found at reputed sites like snapfiles and *www.majorgeeks.com/download.php?det=2612 too. try it and c...

sysfilez

Welcome To The Jungle
if u have formatted the drive, i guess u cant retrive the cd key. only option is to get back to ur dealer.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
marulez said:
bought a laptop a month ago..

marulez said:
formatted my desktop and tried to install a original Media Center which i got while buying my laptop.

guyess i am missing a point here... what i know... MS windows ToS doesnt allow him to install that OS which came with Lappy in to his Desktop... :|

yes he certainly can format and install in his Lappy... but not in desktop as he need to buy a another licance... :(

JGuru

Wise Old Owl
saurav_cheeta said:
MS windows ToS doesnt allow him to install that OS which came with Lappy in to his Desktop...

yes he certainly can format and install in his Lappy... but not in desktop as he need to buy a another licance...

I totally agree with @Saurav_cheeta.
@marulez, You bought a laptop with WME pre-installed. That means you can install
the WME DVD only in the laptop (you bought) & not in any other desktop or laptop!!!
For installing WME in your desktop, you need to buy another license!!!

Last edited:

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
buy the way... guyess check this out...

Microsoft.com said:
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 is only available pre-installed on computers sold by PC manufacturers. You can purchase a PC with Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 pre-installed at retail consumer electronic stores, direct from PC manufacturers, or through online consumer electronics Web sites.

Source

well well well... u cant even buy a paper licance too for windows XP MCE... its only going to come with a pre installed branded system....

so what he is doing is totally illigal... :(

s18000rpm

ಠ_ಠ
@marulez ,How the heck did you install the MCE on your Desktop???

Coz the OEM Windows( MCE) DVD has all the Motherboard Drivers in it, & those drivers are also installed onto your m/b when you install Windows (MCE).

^^ this is what reply i got from HP Support Centre, when i asked them what i have to do to install my XP Home on a new M/B.

btw the CD Key is printed on a Microsoft Sticker maybe pasted below your Laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom