cd writing probs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

krisjr

In the zone
hi,
I just tried to write to a blank mercury cd-r.I was using the "copy cd" option whereby the source cd was in my dvd rom and the destination cd was my samsung writer in which the blank cdr was present.i tried to write at 32x speed even though max speed of my drive and media is 52x..after some time nero showed some write error has happened.i waited for 10 mins and then aborted the whole burn process.When i checked the contents it shows the name of the copied cd and the contents of it(full 359mb),but when i open something it simply doesnt open,even if it opens there is nothing inside say a word file, ppt file etc...

Where did i go wrong.the cd writer is 2months old and there hasnt been any problem.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
The media is probably the culprit here, even though the 52x was printed on the media doesnt mean that it will confirm to the wrirte speeds. In between when there was a slew of 52x writers media cos. re-labelled 24 or even lesser speed media as 48x and all. So try to get genuine or branded media the next time or burn at lower speeds. Its better to waste a few minutes than wasting money.

OP
K

krisjr

In the zone
blade_runner said:
The media is probably the culprit here, even though the 52x was printed on the media doesnt mean that it will confirm to the wrirte speeds. In between when there was a slew of 52x writers media cos. re-labelled 24 or even lesser speed media as 48x and all. So try to get genuine or branded media the next time or burn at lower speeds. Its better to waste a few minutes than wasting money.

hi,
I usually use frontech and benq media.but i was in a hurry that day.except the media,can u think of something else which i am doing wrong.It was a simple option that i did.but i dont know where it went bad.

tx

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Well There Must Be a Possible Read Error.....Nero Sometimes Usually Screws Up With The Media At High Speeds.....Not a Big Thing to Be Concerned About......The Media U Are using Is The Worst Quality Frontech,Writex,Princo Etc All Suck Badly and Usually At High Speed Burning (But That Too In Very Rare Cases)......Or May Be Some Background Running Task Must Have Interrupted The Process.....Other Than That I dun Think U Messed Up Anywhere :wink:

It Might Just Be a Dumb Luck Day As Well.....One Where The Disc Just Refuses To Burn......Just Kiddin :wink:

OP
K

krisjr

In the zone
allwyndlima said:
Well There Must Be a Possible Read Error.....Nero Sometimes Usually Screws Up With The Media At High Speeds.....Not a Big Thing to Be Concerned About......The Media U Are using Is The Worst Quality Frontech,Writex,Princo Etc All Suck Badly and Usually At High Speed Burning (But That Too In Very Rare Cases)......Or May Be Some Background Running Task Must Have Interrupted The Process.....Other Than That I dun Think U Messed Up Anywhere :wink:

It Might Just Be a Dumb Luck Day As Well.....One Where The Disc Just Refuses To Burn......Just Kiddin :wink:

hi,
well that might be the case.which in ur opinion is best for burning.i use benq also.others are simply too costly here in blore also u cant make out which ones r genuine.. :wink: it happens only in India.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Well I Mostly Use Either Moserbaer,Sony,Sprint,Samsung.....Each Of Em Costin Somewhere around Rs.10 to Rs.13 At The Max And Provide Decent Stability :wink:
The Rest Princo,Amkette,Writex and Stuff Just Stutter with Mp3 And Audio Cd Writing (At least In Most Cases Experienced By Me :))

gamefreak14

Journeyman
krisjr said:
hi,
I was using the "copy cd" option whereby the source cd was in my dvd rom and the destination cd was my samsung writer in which the blank cdr was present.
I think this is where the problem lies..I've had many cds go to waste using this option. Mainly the problem occurs when your source drive has small scratches,and then error correction kicks in between, slowing down the writing process. Also occurs if you haven't enabled UDMA option for your DVD drive.
Actually, you don't save any time by using this option. The safest way is to simply make an image of the cd/dvd and then write it. After comparing, I've found out that it takes the same time itself!

Sourabh

Laptoping
guys if u can plz try CLONE CD for copying and making cd images

man i use nero 6.6 for all the stuff but for cd copying CLONE CD is da best

just try it once

its the fast, cheapest, and most time effective and its LOG during the whole writing/imaging thing is awesome

i dunno wht u guyz feel abt it

but CloneCD seems to be the best way out for cd copying for me

OP
K

krisjr

In the zone
Sourabh said:
guys if u can plz try CLONE CD for copying and making cd images

man i use nero 6.6 for all the stuff but for cd copying CLONE CD is da best

just try it once

its the fast, cheapest, and most time effective and its LOG during the whole writing/imaging thing is awesome

i dunno wht u guyz feel abt it

but CloneCD seems to be the best way out for cd copying for me

hi,
wat it does yar..clone cd i mean..make clones is it.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Are Yaar Its Like Creating a Same Image Of The Cd Or Rather Cloning It To Make a Back Up Copy And Later Burn That Image Via The Virtual Rom where The Source Destination Is The Virtual Rom Drive......Here Its a Good way as This Is much Faster And Efficient Compared to The Cd-To-Cd Copy Option In Nero :wink:

icecoolz

Cyborg Agent
Like the poeple said media could be the main culprit. However Samsung writers ae also known to be bad Cd writers on a whole. I read innumerous reviews and also i own one. I cannot burn anything above 24x. So next time try setting it to a lower speed and see if that works.

Another tool which I frequently use for CD copying is alcohol. Its extremely good and have plenty of options for CD copying as well. Check it out :

*www.alcohol-soft.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom