CD Writing problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

chitvan

Journeyman
My pc configuration is P4 2.66GHz,256MB RAM 400MHz,mother board D915GVWB,LG Combo Drive,seagate(IDE)80 GB hard disk,

My problem is that
I can not write cd on my pc,after 2 or 3% writing is completed, a write error occurs. in event column it shows `communication failure` & `invalid write state HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4522B \H0 T1`,in process column `lead in` & `lead out` and in the action column `failed`, after compliting 2 or3% burning process. :?: :(

i used winxp SP2 and nero 5 cd writing software,i had also tried re-installing cd-writing software. the hard disk & combo drive conected on same cable because of only one IDE conector on mother board.

~~for your information when i had installing winxp sp2 at first time using FAT32 partition,then after copying source files and after reboot i get error message ,i had trying 4 to 5 times but i get same problem,but when i choose NTFS partition then it installed fine without any error.~~ from,
chiragchitvan
ahmedabad-382481

ishaan

Padawan
it mite work with lower speeds...try burning a disc at the lowest speed possible. if it works, then try the next speed. and so on, till u find d best speed u can rite with, without messing it up.

and also, use a good brand of cds dont use local unbranded ones

q3_abhi

Youngling
1. Upgrade ur Burning Software to ver 6 or 7.

2. Try using good quality media.

3 .Defragment.

4. Try to burn some CD's using other drive on ur machine.

5. Try the same writer on ur friends machine.

OP
chitvan

chitvan

Journeyman
(q3_abhi)
i trying all option which u r told.
upgrade version,using all type of media,defrag & burn cd using different drive ,,also trying FAT32 & NTFS for installation burn software & image .
but when i write the cd on my friend`s pc it workig fine & i write 11cds....

then whats problem?/??????????

legolas

Padawan
i read different problems for your error specified by googling and these are the possible answers i came across...

1) check your power supply to the computer.. this is hte main reason which causes this problem!! many of the reasons i found for the error is this. try it out.

2) upgrade nero version. i recommend 6.6 than the latest 7

3) defrag all drives in safe mode

4) try changing ur IDE cable if u feel there is an issue with it.. i mean if u get read erros even when copying cds etc...

i stil hope the prbs is only wuth the power supply. pls chk it out.. change the board use a stabiliser/spike buster etc... if u havnt. do u hav a UPS?

/legolas

::cyborg::

In the zone
try nero 5.5(compatible best if u have samsung writer)

if u have 2 drives i mean a cd rom or dvd rom unplug the data and power cable both

connect ur data cable with hard disk and writer i mean the same cable

this might help

Saharika

In the zone
some time wheni burn the mutisession cd ..the process proceed to 100% even says sucessfuly burn but there are not any new files if the cd
whats the reason for it
using nero 6 in xp'samsung writer

rakee

Journeyman
dude mine is also the lg combo drive
HL-DT-ST RW/DVD GCC-4xxxxx

and i have the same trouble...it wasted me nearly 30 cd's in this month.
the only thing im doing now is burn any type of media in 8x speed..it takes 15 mins...but burns completely...
if i increase the speed more than 8x...writing stops with an error at 3% or even at 99%...
think the problem might be with the combo!!
i tried installing various versions of nero..other apps also

busyanuj

In the zone
chitvan said:
i used winxp SP2 and nero 5 cd writing software,i had also tried re-installing cd-writing software. the hard disk & combo drive conected on same cable because of only one IDE conector on mother board.

Service Pack 2 had compatibility issues with Nero 5. maybe that's the culprit.

upgrade to a newer Nero version.

OP
chitvan

chitvan

Journeyman
cyborg
no,i have intel 915GVWB
& it has only one IDE connector
so,both harddisk & combo drive conected on same cable

busyanuj
i have tried nero 6 version

but i get same problem

OP
chitvan

chitvan

Journeyman
the problem is solved.
its problem in IDE cable,

before two days i had sent mail to intel for this problem then it give me possinle solution,it suggest 'ULTRA ATA /100 40 pin 80 conductor' cable.

then yesterday i bought new IDE cable & it make solved.

thanx legolas for cable suggesion

thanx to all for your support

Techie_Geek

Journeyman
Summary

1. Upgrade ur Burning Software to ver 6 or 7.

2. Try using good quality media.

3 .Defragment.

4. defrag all drives in safe mode

5.check your power supply to the computer

6.try changing ur IDE cable if u feel there is an issue with it

7.Try to burn some CD's using other drive on ur machine.

8. Try the same writer on ur friends machine.

9.enable DMA from control panel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom