CD Writer ! LG or Samsung??? which would be better

Which is less problamaric

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
Guys...I have a Lite On 52x cd writer .Recently it developed some problem so i took it to my deaaler as it was under warranty.Afeter almost a month my ealer called me back and told me that Lite On repair service is temporarily unavailable so he will convert to Samsung Or LG cd writer free of cost

But I dont like samsung and LG optical drives as they have a host of problem like tray problem etc.
But now I am in a situation that i must choose between either samsung or LG

So what would u suggest? LG or samsung !

I am asking for your sugestion on the basis of your experience.
Plz help. Thnx in advance.

Remember I only have two choices......either LG or Samsung

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Come on sidewinder there have been so many posts on this topic please search and refer to those. I am personally against Samsung completely.

debiprasad_sahoo

Web Junky 2.0
If u think about any optical drive the first choice is Sony. Lite-On and Pioneer are the followers. Your dealer is saying that the service of Lite-On is unavailable means he may be cheating, as Lite-on is better than what are he offering. Ask him to give a new Lite-On writer,else go to consumer forum. Before that visit Lite on website.If u want to elect any one from his options don't go for LG. Coz I and two of my friends are suffered many for LG optical drives. I have suffered for three times. :( The best option is instead of taking one of these, ask ur dealer to give you a DVD-dfdl-Writer from Sony,which costs arround Rs4000.00. The CD-rw costs arround Rs 1400.00. You have to give the rest amount. :idea:

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
@debiprasad. How can you say LG is bad. My friend and I have been using it well over 2 years without a glitch though I agree that sony and lite-on give better performance.
And look at his post again, The price of dvd writer is arond 3k and not 4k. 4k is on a higher side IMO.

phatratt

In the zone
both are not good in either way,faced tray problems in samsung and burn failure in lg,so got a sony and it runs like a dream.Odler writers from LG are quiet good(32x,10x,52x)they run with out any problems but sometimes suffers bufferoverflow problems the most problamatic one is 52x,32x,52x.

OP
sidewinder

sidewinder

Ambassador of Buzz
debiprasad_sahoo said:
If u think about any optical drive the first choice is Sony. Lite-On and Pioneer are the followers. Your dealer is saying that the service of Lite-On is unavailable means he may be cheating, as Lite-on is better than what are he offering. Ask him to give a new Lite-On writer,else go to consumer forum. Before that visit Lite on website.If u want to elect any one from his options don't go for LG. Coz I and two of my friends are suffered many for LG optical drives. I have suffered for three times. :( The best option is instead of taking one of these, ask ur dealer to give you a DVD-dfdl-Writer from Sony,which costs arround Rs4000.00. The CD-rw costs arround Rs 1400.00. You have to give the rest amount. :idea:

yes u are right.....

RCuber

The Mighty Unkel!!!
Staff member
Both LG and samsung are horible drives. I have used both drives , these drives have give me nightmares during my college days. I had replaced my old drive for a new one ( as it was still in waranty ) but it was of no use.

Netjunkie

In the zone
@sidewinder

This has been discussed so many times.. just have a look at the threads.

I am personally against both LG & Samsung as far as optical drives are concerned.
Stay away from Samsung Drives, the tray problems will drive you crazy. To add to the problems even the Samsung Service Centre cant rectify the problem.

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
Three of my friends amd me too had got samsung and we all had taken our drives to service center at least 2 times in the 1st year. So never get a samsung get LG or Liteon

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Samsung sucks badly only in case of its Tray problems otherwise they are excellent for CD burning.LG CD-Roms are pathetic but their writers are OK in standard(Ok as in a complete averager).So if Tray problem is something you can do away with then I suggest Samsung from the choices.

grinning_devil

Cyborg Agent
LG from my side...have been using LG 48*24*48 since the last say 1 and a half years...and is working fine....
LG is NOT the best,but still better than samsung

Tushar.bar

Journeyman
I have 4 drive
1 samsund cd drive
2 samsung dvd drive
3 LG cd writer
4 Lite On DVD writer

Both samsung drive has tray prob even reading prob. No comments for LITE ON so one more vote for LG

phatratt

In the zone
Tushar.bar said:
no sony b cos if u write a cd in 52x in any writer sony can't read it

oh really :?: :?: coz,i had LG cd writer earlier,i have recorded many cd's at 52x one fine day my lg writer died so bought a sony 52x32x52x and those cd recorded in 52x runs fine without any problems,infact sony cd-writers have speed restricted to 40X(normal mode)and can be pushed all the way to 52x in turbo mode.

Tushar.bar

Journeyman
phatratt said:
Tushar.bar said:
no sony b cos if u write a cd in 52x in any writer sony can't read it

oh really :?: :?: coz,i had LG cd writer earlier,i have recorded many cd's at 52x one fine day my lg writer died so bought a sony 52x32x52x and those cd recorded in 52x runs fine without any problems,infact sony cd-writers have speed restricted to 40X(normal mode)and can be pushed all the way to 52x in turbo mode.

is it ? sorry! i think my friends sony drive is faulty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom