CD WRITER DRIVE IS GAYAB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I TRIED TO INSTALL 3DS MAX ON MY SYSTEM. THE SYSTEM HANGED AND WHEN I REBOOTED THE CD DRIVE WAS NOT THERE. ON CHECKING THE DEVICE MANAGER THERE WAS AN EXCLAIMATION MARK NEXT TO THE DRIVE. I TRIED TO INSTALL 3D MAX ON MY FRIENDS PC THE SAME THING HAPPENED.

THE SYSTEM CONFIGURATION I USE IS
PIV 1.8GHz
256MB DDR RAM
WINDOWS XP
80 GB HDD

AND MY FRIENDS SYSTEM IS
PIV 2.4 GHz
512MB DDR RAM
WINDOWS 98 SE
80 GB HDD

PLEASE GUYS LET ME KNOW THE SOLUTION

it_waaznt_me

Coming back to life ..
Okay .. Right click on the device with exclamation mark ..
Copy and paste the info in Device Status frame here ..

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Mate He Meant Right click On My Computer And then Click On Properties and then the Device Manager Tab And then Expand The Cd-Rom Drive Icon and Then right click on its exclamation mark and click on Properties and then send the error code info it shows,over Here (On this forum Ok)....Btw Try Making a Image Of The Cd Using a Virtual Drive Software and then Try Installing 3Ds Max Through it.......As for the Cd-Writer Attach The cables Correctly and Then Try Rebooting it..... :D

OP
T

troubleshooter

Broken In
"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)

Click Troubleshoot to start the troubleshooter for this device."

this is the error which it shows in the device status.

tried removing the cable and rebooting it doesnt work

OP
T

troubleshooter

Broken In
I TRIED INSTALLING THE CHIPSET INF DRIVERS. I HAD TO DOWNLOAD IT AS MY DRIVE IS NOT WORKING.

IT STILL DOESN'T SHOW THE CD DRIVE.

MY CD DRIVE IS CONNECTED ON THE SECONDARY MASTER
I CHANGED IT TO PRIMARY SLAVE BUT IT STILL DOESN'T WORK.

SHOULD I REINSTALL WIN XP.
I THINK THAT WILL BE THE ONLY SOLUTION

saROMan

QA Juggler
well 1st chk in the POST ....screen it the Dos screen u see b4 booting in Xp wether ur CD drive is listed......or not if its listed then ur Driver for Xp is corrupt...try to set it thru BIOS......
SHOULD I REINSTALL WIN XP.
I THINK THAT WILL BE THE ONLY SOLUTION
else i think wat ur suggesting is the best option.....

abhishekkulkarni

Journeyman
I think 3ds max is too heavy to run on ur configuration mate. :x

also since the drive isn't being detected evn on loading the chipsets drivers there could be a distinct possibility that the drive's firmware is corrupt.

u can try changing the drive from the primary to secondary or vice versa.evn try replacing the cable with another one .

OP
T

troubleshooter

Broken In
SO SHOULD I TRY TO UPDATE THE FIRMWARE OF THE CD DRIVE AND THEN SEE OR SHOULD I JUST REINSTALL WINXP AS THE ERROR IT SHOWS IN THE DEVICE STATUS IS THAT WIN XP COULDN'T LOAD THE DEVICE DRIVER FOR THE SAID DEVICE.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom