CD-RW Usage

Status
Not open for further replies.

khandu

In the zone
Hey ppl

I need to know the most advisable way of using and re-using a CD-RW as many get curropted after 2-3 uses..

I mean which software is good for formatting/reformatting and usage and if any tips-tricks are available for it ?

:p

prankzter

Journeyman
well, u can put any softwarez on the disk but if itz longetivity u r searching, then go in 4 a good cd-rw like mosaer baer etc.I am using mosaer baer cd-rw 4 the 10th time now...after writing this post and it runs P E R F E C T L Y!

sUlPhUr|nE`

Broken In
I use the latest 10x compatible Moser Baer CD-RW...I have re-written about 18 times till now...still works perfectly.
The longitivity of the CDs depend on the way u handle it & not on the software u use to burn or to erase it.

siddhesh

Broken In
I have sony, samsung & moser beur(not sure about the spelling) & have written & rewritten over 50 times now. No problems yet. I think you can rewrite for 1000 times or so.

technomodel

Journeyman
i dont think there is any specific brand which u can say is the best, though i use sony or samsung. i think that for best performance u need to fill up the cd before emptying it, and try to perform quick erasing with nero. i have rewritten around 70 times on my sony and it still runs fine.

Kannan

In the zone
First thing. Never Full Format the CD-RW regularly. Use only quick format.

Second thing. Specially for CD-RW, Burn the CD-RW slower than what its maximum is specified.

For Example, if you have a 10x CD-RW, always burn it at 8x. But dont touch the 10x speed.

In our office we use Nero 6 & Adaptec Easy CD Creator.

Both are fine and work perfectly.

I have been using Samsung, TDK. Had no problems with them.

Also finally keep your CD-RW's data side scratchless. Otherwise the writer will says that burning of CD-RW was sucessfull. But sometimes with certain CD-ROM drives you can't read it.

busyanuj

In the zone
Samsung 10x RW media is working fine for me.
I must've used it over 100 times or so.

as for the software, use InCD 4.

GameAddict

In the zone
Yes! Moser Baer is simply fantastic!

I agree with all those who say that MB is good. Moser Baer gives best price/performance ratio.

blade_runner

Cyborg Agent
Moser baer, sony, samsung and HP all are good brands. If u use the cd-rw properly only then u will b able to enhance its longevity. Most of our cd-rws get crapped due to scratches. So prevent those in the first place.

@gameaddict: U never thanked me for resizing and putting up your avatar or did i miss sumthng?

silly_kash

Broken In
does water affects cd-r and cd-rw's??

i mean if there's some dust on the writable layer and i wipe it off with
a cotton bud soaked in water,will the cd-r, rw get affected!!

and what is the cd material made up of??

Krishanu.De

Not So Fresh Stock!
There is no way plain water can harm it. For care about CDs you can see this link:
For one page guide:
*www.itl.nist.gov/div895/carefordisc/onepage.pdf
For fifty page guide:
*www.itl.nist.gov/div895/carefordisc/CDandDVDCareandHandlingGuide.pdf

CDs are generally made of Polymers and lot of other materials. You need to confirm this.

Kannan

In the zone
silly_kash said:
does water affects cd-r and cd-rw's??

i mean if there's some dust on the writable layer and i wipe it off with
a cotton bud soaked in water,will the cd-r, rw get affected!!

No I dont think so. I have wiped my CD-RW with water 2 times. Still it works fine.

silly_kash

Broken In
hmm!!
good links krishanu.de

again there are many cases which i have come across in which cd-r's develop numerous stains(patches on it)and render it useless.
most of the princo cd's i have go bust like this!!(after a year or so)
maybe the result of using cheap cd's.

has anyone else expirienced similar problem's with princo cd-r's??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom