cd-rw can read dvd?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KoRn

In the zone
hey guys my fren has a cd-rw drive and he told me he has sum kind of software dat can make it even read dvd.trust me i watched a matrix dvd movie in his pc it worked but he said his mpc engineer did it for him and he doesnt know wats the name of the software.is it clone cd cuz i have it and it doenst read dvd.if it is how 2 go about it and if it isnt is there any softie like it .please help. 8)

mail2and

Walking, since 2004.
his drive must be a combo drive i.e. DVD-Rom/CD-RW. There is NO software that enables a cd drive to read DVDs as it is a hardware limitation.

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
U cannot read a DVD disk onto a drive tat reads CDs as the formats jus dont match buddy....It must be possible tat ur friend must be using a COMBO drive..

Neways (on the lighter side of the matter)..jus bet with ur friend on this matter and win a cool Rs.100/- (for winning the bet..) :wink: :wink:

Cheers n e-peace...

ishaan

Padawan
are you sure it was a DVD? cuz sum guys jus make VCDs with a lil better quality and make it look like a DVD...adding menus, making the DVD logo on it, selling it in a rectangular box

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
ok tell me can you play a audio cassete in a VCR ?

no right so it is similiar here.
..:: peace ::..
Jeba

choudang

Padawan
plz......... give me break ... let me have a KitKat
who said that CD-RW can read DVD?

anyway .. nice joke

*www.danasoft.com/sig/greatwarrior.jpg

mehulved

18 Till I Die............
Nah cd rw drive cannot read a dvd under any circumstances as both use laser of different wavelenghts.
DVD's use red laser at 650 nm whereas CD uses 780nm semi-conductor laser(source:wikipedia).
So, I think your friend is lying. Its either a cd or he's got a combo-drive.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Only if there had been such a software all the digit dvds wud not have been lying around in my home uselessly...

Ha Ha Ha

AcceleratorX

Youngling
Even if such a software worked, the DVD would appear in the drive as an unreadable CD because the laser is simply not capable of reading those discs.

KnightRider

Broken In
its like u can watch terminator ona jurassic park vcd!! is that not this way ?? watch dvd on cd rw !!!! it is a combo drive -- lol

Kniwor

Learner
sombody's got to rectify this problem with this forum...I've been deleting my double posts since long to maintian things...but what is the problem with this forum...why so ofter is there these double post by itself...

Nemesis

Wise Old Owl
You probably click the submit button more than once which explains the double posts. I am locking this thread now. If anyone wants it re-opened, PM me or any other Mod with a good enough reason.

OP
KoRn

KoRn

In the zone
hmmmm

u can ask abhishek pohankar he had the softie but it works only on certain pcs anyways if no 1 replies within 2 days lock this topic mods u have my permission.peace yall 8) :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom