Status
Not open for further replies.

letsbefrends_2001

Right off the assembly line
why does my cd writer tray keep popping out automatically even while reading a cd?
can anyone help me?
i have a samsung 52X cd writer

Vyasram

The pWnster
Yeah those samsung drives have an awful lot of tray problems I have one with such problems as well . Remove the drive and clean all the dust in it . If problem persists send it for service

godsownman

Padawan
This happens to me with my Creative CDROM .

But it does not happen so often, it just happens sometimes when the tray is empty.If I insert the CD it stops so what may be the reason .

Any Ideas Please.

swatkat

Technomancer
there was which keeps ejecting/closing the CD ROM tray, i forgot it's name....

do an antivirus scan...

godsownman

Padawan
I dont think its a virus because i have anohter drive also SONY CDRW that does not face such a problem .

I did do a scan with my AVG antivirus and stinger .

Both reported no viruses.

Do you think the lens culd be dirty?

theraven

Technomancer
lol its not the lens ur drive is conked AFAIK
samsung drives are known for crappy trays
in my experience atleast
however it wont harm doing another av scan
maybe an online one too !

bharathbala2003

why need title?
ya samsung drives are cheap but then their trays su**.. but their lens are gud.. i had a drive that never goes inside if i press the eject button.. i had to push it manually always.. n now am used 2 it.. that werever i go i jus push the drive instead of pressin!!!

theraven

Technomancer
i meant another virus scan with a different antivirus
i know u did an avg scan !
anyways what are u gonna clean ?
the tray ?
cuz i told u its not a lens problem
trays dont eject bcuz the lens is conked
i hope u understand
alternatively it just could be ur computer
try it on another one or a fresh installation of ur os if possible and see if the problem persists
and no im not asking u to format .. im simply asking u to find a different means to test it

hack expert

In the zone
no virus stuff its plain cd rom prob get it serviced i also once had such a prob with samsung cd rom
well the cd rom just popped anytime i got it changed though coz i had to buy a writer neway well as for u get it checked

swatkat said:
there was which keeps ejecting/closing the CD ROM tray, i forgot it's name....

do an antivirus scan...
I think You Always Say that Any Problem In Computer Is related To viruses,
Man!!!

MAke A clean Way For YOur Cdrom,use Some CD cleaners Or With Some other cleaners methods,
Or ur lens Is going To die Soon!!!

swatkat

Technomancer
simply dont keep on posting without researching something...there is a program which keeps on opening the CD Tray. it's not that deadly, and it's called GESCHENK-joke program.

This is a joke program identified as 'GESCHENK' that initiates the opening of your CD-ROM tray. This file has an icon resembling the logo for Coca-Cola softdrink and the original file name was "cokegift.exe". The "joke" is in the suggestion that the program is a cup holder for your can of Coca-Cola by ejecting the CD-ROM.

See here....
*securityresponse.symantec.com/avcenter/venc/data/joke.geschenk.html
*vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_10135.htm

and how do u think cleaning lens would solve the Tray problem?

cool_techie

Broken In
its the samsung which has that problem ....i too face it ...

I came to know it now that samsung has that prob...that too after i bought a samsung dvd rom....
hope it wont die off

give it for a service....but the company charges 100 bucks...

Now that i have alternate drive..i remove the cd writer's power cable when not in use ...only if i have to burn then connect and keep pushing the tray till it sits...

h4xbox

Journeyman
B4 giving for service , check buses, jumper config, and the drive stuck situation.. If u want more on cd-drives
and their stuph.

Google cd-rom troubleshooting ..

Remember we must give the best shot before going to service engg... I hate them , though i have consulted them nearly 2 times , till now :(

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Though it could be the GESCHENK virus, with a Samsung drive it's more likely a problem with the mechanism.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom