CD-ROM Drive tray Not opening

Status
Not open for further replies.

slugger

Banned
I got a Creative 26X CD-ROM drive. Since the past couple of days, the tray of the drive refuses to open up. I tried conneting it to a different IDE channel, changed the power cable, disconnected it then again reconnected it, but to no avail.
Can anybody please tell me what to do to solve this problem. I wish to streach the life of this Drive by just 6 more months max.

cvvikram

MVP in VC++
Creative 26X CD-ROM drive :?: :?: :?: Oops i don't know how old it is...
i think it has become dead.....Hey try to plan for new optical drive :wink: :wink:

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
If theres some CD trapped in it then see the drive front bezel.. u will see a tiny hole if seen carefully.. put in a long stick/needle that can pass in and press into it. the tray will pop out and u can remove the CD..

also check if there is something blocking it...

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
it seems either the motor or the belt is causing the problem. try to remove the tray as suggested above. while removing the tray observe if the belt (or the gear system, wotever the case maybe) is intact. if it is, then most probably the motor has gone kaput.

OP
slugger

slugger

Banned
QwertyManiac said:
If theres some CD trapped in it then see the drive front bezel.. u will see a tiny hole if seen carefully.. put in a long stick/needle that can pass in and press into it. the tray will pop out and u can remove the CD..

also check if there is something blocking it...
thanx a ton 4 reminding me of the feature which i had all but forgotten. hopefully i can streach its life 4 6 more months
thanx again

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom