CD Rom Drive not working properly

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tech&ME

Banned
Hey friends, here is a small problem.
I have a Samsung CD-ROM Drive which occassionaly refuses to run any CD's encluding DIGIT CD's, but this happens only some time, so i figured out it must be the lens problem and might require me to clean it, since the Drive shows no problems in the properties.

My question is how do i choose a GOOD CD Cleaner CD, Can I use any CD Cleaner available in the market or should i look for some specific one please help.

indrajit

Journeyman
This is not even close to a problem! There are several lense cleaners available in the market which are equally good. Just go to a proper computer shop and ask for there suggestion. :idea:

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
lol what you mean by even digit cd's :D are they some super cds :p lol
back to topic :D
There are kits available to clean the lens as well as for the cd's

..:: peace ::..
Jeba

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Well Lets see now If ur Lens is Badly corrupt then Not even the best of the lens cleaning Disc's Will work on it even if it does it will tend to be temporary cleaning....If ur Cd-Rom Drive is Very Old then my suggestion would be to go into a New Dvd-Rom as it is very cheap now a days.... :D

OP
T

Tech&ME

Banned
No "allwyndlima" my CD-Rom drive is not old just 8 months old. And i don't think the lens is badly corrupted since i don't use it like a child, it got little dirty anyway. yes the SAMSUNG CD-ROM cleaning CD did work out. Now its running as it was the first day! And as far as the DVD -Rom is concerned, i actually got the CD-Rom drive with the system bundled and yes i have already ordered for a DVD-Rom Combo from DIGIT/TECHPACIFIC but god only knows when will that arrive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom