cd overburning problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

varunbhide

Broken In
i want to burn a 746 mb file to a moser baer 80/700 mb cd-r. is it possible in any way? i ask since the file was stored on a similar disk having the same capacity.

swatkat

Technomancer
Overburn....If u r using Nero, do this:-
1]Go to File>Preferences>Expert Option>Enable OverBurn..set the required OverBurn value
2]Before writing, Disable MultiSession (Select "No MultiSession" ) and also choose "Disc-At-Once" otpion and click "Finalize CD" to finalize it....

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
If its a Vcd then i reckon u better not use this option mate.....cause trust me the end part will have sync probs.....either the video might black out or the audio might be gone :(

if its a data disc then ya sure u can do it via the way that swat suggested.....also do remember that Overburning multiple no. of times reduces the life of ur Cd writer and the lens might get screwed pretty soon.....so Beware :twisted: :twisted:

Aseem Nasnodkar

In the zone
Hey please do not go 4 overburning. U might just rip off ur cd-r hardware. I mean the company sex dat we.
If it is a VCD den it directly gets condensed to fit ur needs. Datadisk!........... try smthing like......... 2disks! ;)

magnet

Youngling
hey i too say donot go for overburning............this days cd rw available for 1300buks doesnt have good h/w.....overburning screws it........mine cd also got wasted and now....normal cd writing also takes time........
split file with s/w like winrar.......wait for a year ....dvd writer r8 will b in reach soon..........then 4.7gb or 8.4 gb on a disk......keep patience...

OP
varunbhide

varunbhide

Broken In
yes it is a video file. i bought a hindi film raincoat and now want to make a copy for my friend. but the size is just too large. so now what do i do?

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Well my opinion would be to go for Cutting of the movie into 2 equal part using Vcd cutter or Some other tool.....Just google for it and will find many Vcd trimmers....just use em to cut and divide ur movie into 2 equal parts and then burn em using nero :)

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
I think I remember afriend mentioning that he had come across 800Mb capacity disks. I myself havent seen such a disk but I think there maybe some of these capacities. Look around and try to find one.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
yes as a matter of fact there are 800MB discs available from Moserbaer and amkette....but this discs are not a common find now-a-days....as these discs have an issue with the support of Nero 6 and still have to be overburned via nero cause nero dosent recognise em as 800MB discs but standard 700MB discs.....Btw there was a guide given by JAk on overburning this 800MB disc too...just search for it on the forum :wink:

if under any circumstances u do find this disc and have to use the overburn option....then too i say dun make a VCD of it...cause trust me they will cause probs later on....if out of some dumb luck there is a possiblity u can survive too :lol:

Trendz

Right off the assembly line
if it is a video file then no need for splitting the file , believe me u can burn upto 785Mb size of DAT file from ur hard disk to CD using the nero video cd option . During burning it show only below 700mb and after burning it shows around some where 790mb . This is because the decrypt or the compression done for the vcd format by the software .

Try it

vysakh

Padawan
u said u found it on a cd. why dont u just try copying the CD ???? if it is a VCD, it will definitely work

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
well now here's a deal.......if u have that movie disc with ya and if it plays properly...then why think just give a Disc-To-Disc copy and then the Disc will automatically be copied in the same way that it was present in the original form....cause a disc-to-disc copy option is usually a safe method to burn the disc :wink:

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
That might be a way. Or maybe just make an image of the disk and then burn the image onto another disk. You can check if the disk image is working properly by mounting it on Alcohol 120%.

saROMan

QA Juggler
well if its VCD then u must have copied the *.dat file ...and normally while copying from VCD's some garbage Spaces r added to the file to make it look bigger...so a notmal dat file on CD of 600 MB may show 760MB when copied to HDD....simply go to Nero select the Create Video CD option point the dat file and Nero will do the rest ...well works 4 me once i Burnt a 800MB dat file to 700MB CD ..try it//

cheetah

In the zone
Ultimate Solution:

There are some CD-Rs available with capacity upto 750 MB.I have read it on a poster but never bought such a cd.

try to find them if u get them in the market.

I tried to overburn moserbaer for upto 750.It works most of the time.

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
cheetah said:
Ultimate Solution:

There are some CD-Rs available with capacity upto 750 MB.I have read it on a poster but never bought such a cd.

Dude read my earlier post in this thread
i already suggested him this option and a disc capacity even higer than ur suggestion :wink: just read before ya post....btw in any case he will have to over burn expect Disc-to-Disc copy :p

@saroman....some luck must have been with ya....btw whats the garbage ur talkin about mate.....the main file is supposed to be the .dat file which when added gives the actual content of the disc to be burnt....also the VCD option in Nero relies on the Minutes consumed by the Disc i.e the actual runtime.....if it exceeds beyond 80Min (for a normal disc) it will have to be overburnt.....hence the data size just proves as a info and is not of much concern in VCD :wink:

cheetah

In the zone
IS there any ban on posting same solution the secong time.Dont try to mess with me dude and do ur work.

allwyndlima said:
cheetah said:
Ultimate Solution:

Dude read my earlier post in this thread
i already suggested him this option and a disc capacity even higer than ur suggestion :wink: just read before ya post....btw in any case he will have to over burn expect Disc-to-Disc copy :p

@saroman....some luck must have been with ya....btw whats the garbage ur talkin about mate.....the main file is supposed to be the .dat file which when added gives the actual content of the disc to be burnt....also the VCD option in Nero relies on the Minutes consumed by the Disc i.e the actual runtime.....if it exceeds beyond 80Min (for a normal disc) it will have to be overburnt.....hence the data size just proves as a info and is not of much concern in VCD :wink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom