CD Error

Status
Not open for further replies.

godsownman

Padawan
Whenever I try to copy certain files from a CD I get an error which states,

" Data cyclic redundancy error"

A similar error also appears in Floppy disks.What does this error mean. I think the Cd has started getting spoilt.

Is it possible to do away with this error and recover the data from the CD. Its a big file and which nearly completes copying and at the last 5 seconds it gives the error and exits.

Please help me.

JAK

What the Heck !
godsownman said:
Whenever I try to copy certain files from a CD I get an error which states,

" Data cyclic redundancy error"

A similar error also appears in Floppy disks.What does this error mean. I think the Cd has started getting spoilt.

Simply speakin... when u get a "crc" error, it means that the CD/floppy has developed unreadable sectors..These can be due to scratches on the surface(CD's) or poor burn media and also some drives cannot read as well as others so the media may work in some drives and in other drives it may not read at all...

godsownman said:
Is it possible to do away with this error and recover the data from the CD. Its a big file and which nearly completes copying and at the last 5 seconds it gives the error and exits.

Please help me.

well u could try softwares like BadCopy Pro, Iso buster but if its a executable file or a compressed file that cannot be read then there wont much point in tryin to recover it....
However there is a more sasta alternative if the file u want to copy is a VCD file ...simply use our own "Windows Briefcase" to copy the file. all the data that is copied untill the crc error is encountered will remain in the briefcase...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom