CD DRIVE UNABLE TO READ CD'S

Status
Not open for further replies.

rahulshankar

Right off the assembly line
sir,recently i uninstalled the driver of my cd rom drive ( mitsumi FX48++W CD ROM )
since then its not reading cd's . Moreover win xp is not able to get proper drivers for it.
i am unable to get the rigt driver among those available on mitsumi site.( My comp is recognising the drive,i have win xp ,compaq pc,p-4 ,1.8 ghz) Please let ME KNOW ABOUT THE DRIVERS AND ANY OTHER POSSIBLE SOLUTION.

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
If you use windows XP and you have the restore option turned on, you can restore to a suitable restore point !

ELSE..............

Have you tried updating your drivers from the microsoft site ??

If No, You can give it a shot and it might help you out.

If yes, have you visited the manufacturer's website ?
You can get the drivers there.

If you still miss it, you can go to google and search for our drivers.

If you still don't get it, search throughly inside your house for the driver CD that came with the Cd-Drive.

If you still don't get it, go to the person who supplied you the comp and he's bound to have the driver CD for your drive.

If you still don't get it.......BAD LUCK mate....
I would suggest you to wait for other forum members to reply or else, you can format your machine.

1 good suggestion :wink:
Always backup your computer using various tools that are available in the market and restore to the best backup point whenever you get a bad result after you play with your machine !

OP
R

rahulshankar

Right off the assembly line

thanks for reply raj,
is it possible for a cd drive to damage when a wrong driver has been installed ?
should i go 4 a dvd writer ? If yes which is the best available in range 2900-3400 ?

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
BenQ and Lite-on ones are good...

But you say you uninstalled the drivers, how did it come there in the first place? Just reinstall them na?

rajkumar_personal

Ignorance is BLISS !!
Re: reply

rahulshankar said:
thanks for reply raj,
is it possible for a cd drive to damage when a wrong driver has been installed ?
should i go 4 a dvd writer ? If yes which is the best available in range 2900-3400 ?

Always Welcome !!!!!

And NO.....the CD driver does not suffer damage for a wrong driver !

And u can get the LiteOn DVD Combo within Rs. 3500 !
gO........gET it !!

Ethan_Hunt

Aspiring Novelist
Re: reply

rajkumar_personal said:
And u can get the LiteOn DVD Combo within Rs. 3500 !
gO........gET it !!
LOL Dude which world's price is that From? MARS? :lol:
You can easily get a Lite-On DVD Burner for Rs.2800.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom