CD Drive problem - ejectin 4 no reason

Status
Not open for further replies.

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
Guys, my Samsung CD(RW) drive is ejectin in & out without reason... without any orders.. as if it has a mind of its own :lol:

Dunno what's its problem. I have another LG CDRom drive which is performing OK enuf.. with no "mind of it's own" probs

Some friends told that it happens when current fluctuations occur... it never happens here... also i use a UPS... and it happended only to the comparatively older; by a year; CD(RW) drive.

Most of the times it ejects during system start/restart... and sometimes on the run... I am unable 2 write CDs as it ejects a trillion times whenever i put a CD in

I even tried forcing the damn drive 2 accept the CD by pressing it... pushing it inside again... repeating the process again & again.. till i got exhausted

I think it happens whenever the drive is getting accessed.

I even reformatted & reinstalled Windows.. both 98 & XP.. but the damn problem repeats itself.

But 2 no avail.. can anyone help me out.. what is da problem... & what should i do?

OP
koolbluez

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
ol man.. i agree with u... there ain't no virus... but can't i get it done myself... i need someone who has experienced a problem like this or similar 2 it.

How much might it cost?

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
koolbluez said:
How much might it cost?
Hmm, the vendor may ask u to pay depending on the amount of damage..., anywhere form rs. 100 to 600.

U can a new ROM , CD writers cost a lot cheaper these days....

techno_funky

da' Ťurntable ruleth
samsung sux big time
my problem here is that if i try to open the tray
it never opens
i have to use a pin to open it
or keep a cd in the drive to open
then only it opens properly
take to the service stationfor repairs
for me iam staying with this piece of crap for
a while until i get a dvd writer
and no way itll be a samsung again :x

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
Samsung drives are notorious for this kind of defect. I wouldn't touch them with a ten-foot pole. It's a design shortcoming that places too high a mechanical load on the motor that pulls the CD tray in and out.

When the CD is pulled in, it may look as if it's all in, but the motor has to go some extra distance, pulling against a spring, for the position sensor to detect that it IS in. It works OK when new, but after some time the rubber belt pulling the mechanism wears out, and no longer has the tension to pull it that extra distance. The logic circuit decides that something is not right, and ejects it again.

This is likely to be the reason for your problem, but not 100% guaranteed. If this is the case, replacing the rubber belt will cure it - for the time being.

cooljeba

The Photoshop Guy
techno_funky said:
samsung sux big time

yes it does :D

get ur self a new writer or a combo. Go for sony DVD rom or LG combo ( LG cdroms suxx big time).

Getting repaired stuffs are things of past. It's kinda use and throw with hardware these days thansk to ever falling rates :D
..:: peace ::..
Jeba

sailendra

Journeyman
hmm, I agree Samsung drives no longer have quality.
@koolbluez my friend also facing same problem. The cd tray ejects all by itself. he is planning on getting a new drive - preferably an LG CD writer

sailendra

Journeyman
Well, i have two lg cd writers. they work just fine. cant say about cd roms though. but i can vouch for sony dvd rom drive - thats the one i have currently.

OP
koolbluez

koolbluez

Šupər♂ - 超人
i'm thinkin of buyin DVDWriter this time around. What'll b good then? No Liteon in my area... Sony...Pioneer...Samsung...Benq..LG available..
Heard of an All DVD Super DVD reader/writer from LG... howz it?

And is it a good bye to my old CD-RW drive... i regret as it is a CD-RW... if it was a CDROM i wouldn't have cried.. but CDRW... i don't wanna dispose it...

drgrudge

Another Brick in the Wall
koolbluez said:
What'll b good then? No Liteon in my area... Sony...Pioneer...Samsung...Benq..LG available..
I will suggest you to go for Sony or asus...
But sony is better, but wizard had a problem with sony and got it replaced with asus (i am not sure).

dont know much abt benq.

sailendra

Journeyman
benq is actually Acer rebranded. I dont know how good it is...

Sony is a good choice when it comes to DVD-ROM drives and so is Liteon.

iinfi

mekalodu
i too had a similar prob

i too had a similar problem with my samsung CD ROM drive

i tried to repair i replace it with a samsung Combo drive

Ashis

In the zone
Re: i too had a similar prob

iinfi said:
i too had a similar problem with my samsung CD ROM drive

i tried to repair i replace it with a samsung Combo drive

Mine Doesn't Open!