CD drive icons dissapeared...plz help

Status
Not open for further replies.

amazingbrains

Broken In
hey evryone!after browsing thru this months digit cd i removd it thn shutdown my comp.the next day i opened it i cudnt find the cd drive.not visible.wat cud be the possible cause.i didnt evevn toush the registry.how cum?mine is a amd athlon 1.67gz processor with samsung cd drive.previously once i cleaned up all the junk files with system mechanic professional n the cd drive icon alone dissapeared leaving there a note pad sort of icon.i cudnt bring back the original icon until i undid my cleanin of junk files again.then only the orig cd icon appeared.can any one help me out with these 2problems?HOW TO MAKE THE CD DRIVE VISIBLE AGAIN AND WY DOES IT HAPPEN.I DONT HAVE AN INTERNET CONNECTION.2NDLY WY DID THE ORIG CD ICON GOT REPLACED BY A A VAGUE ICON?

kl_ravi

Journeyman
Welcome to the forum:)

When you boot the computer does the LED on your CD drive Blink ?

If yes.....Did you check the Device Manager ?
Right Click My computer > Properties > hardware > Device Manager
Under DVD/CD properties does it show any conflicts ?

If No .... The power supply cable to CD Drive may be loose or it may have been disabled in the BIOS Setup.
CAUTION :- Any wrong settings/tweaking in Bios could render your PC unbootable. Please proceed with caution.

In either case post the above details here for more suggestions.

OP
A

amazingbrains

Broken In
Thanks a lot pal!the device manager showd the device isnt workin properly.but one positive findin! i tried changing the bios settings frm "auto" to "enabled".n it worked!!but i didnt change the bios settings previously.how didi it change automatically?As for the 2nd issue-My cd drive "icon"(not the cd drive itself) has changed.itsnt showing anythin.the original cd drive icon dissapeared after i cleaned my sysytem junk with the help of system mechanic pro.wen i rolled back the changes it again appeard.does this mean i shudnt clean up my junk ?wats the prob?properly.but one positive findin! i tried changing the bios settings frm "auto" to "enabled".n it worked!!but i didnt change the bios settings previously.how didi it change automatically?As for the 2nd issue-My cd drive "icon"(not the cd drive itself) has changed.itsnt showing anythin.the original cd drive icon dissapeared after i cleaned my sysytem junk with the help of system mechanic pro.wen i rolled back the changes it again appeard.does this mean i shudnt clean up my junk ?wats the prob?

OP
A

amazingbrains

Broken In
I also have another doubt.can u please clarify?some of the vcds i buy outside rnt playin on my comp.i find while some run only with roxio cd player most of the others dont.can u tel me wy n wat to do to play those cds on my comp?mine is samsung cd rom.FUNNILY IM HAVIN AL PROBS WITH MY CD ROM!!!!!!!!!

Ishan

In the zone
I faced the prob of cd drive icon disappearance when i installed Virtual Cd software...and when i uninstalled it it came back

OP
A

amazingbrains

Broken In
Thanx!Suggesta dvd writer

amazingbrains said:
Its really heartenin to hear suggestions frm many.thanks a lot guys!n for the kindhearted kalpik who sugessted to change my drive,im actuallt considerin buyin a dvd drive with writer capab.can any of u suggest wch is the best on market nw?i hear of dvd ram in sony.wats the use of it?plz suggest..

aryayush

Aspiring Novelist
Well, Lite-on definitely has the best optical drives. Buy whichever is latest from Lite-on.
If, and only if, it isn't available, go for Sony.

hyde

Broken In
type regedit in the RUN box -> click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\ControlSet001\Control\Class then after selecting the class o to edit on the toolbar and click FIND -> then in the find box type UpperFilter and delete is then type LowerFilter again and delete it. and restart the computer it will resolve the issue.

NOTE: It worked ofr me but if anything goes wrong wit ur system I am not responsible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom