Cd doesnt get detected....

Status
Not open for further replies.

sweetricha07

Broken In
I recently bought a combo drive but right from day one it was giving me some troubles. Sometimes it simply refused to detect the cd/dvd inside or at other times it used to detect the presence of a disk inside but didn't used to read from it. After opening the drive and rotating the disk a little everything used to work fine. I thought there was a problem with my drive so I had it replaced but later on I discovered that any drive that I attach to my PC gives me the same problem. Any help ????

Kiran.dks

Technomancer
This is a driver related issue. Is operating system detecting your CD Drive? Can you see CD/DVD icon im my computer? If yes..
Try these steps:
1. Perform a system restore to the best working time.
2. Make sure you are inserting a good disc
3. Update the drivers to the latest version.

Do revert back with feedback.

OP
sweetricha07

sweetricha07

Broken In
Hi. Yes, there is an icon in My Computer, I have tried System Restore, installing Windows, updating drivers. Nothing has worked uptil now.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
chk the cables .... connect the cd drive to the same cable as that of ur hdd and then see

OP
sweetricha07

sweetricha07

Broken In
sweetricha07 said:
Hi. Yes, there is an icon in My Computer, I have tried System Restore, installing Windows, updating drivers. Nothing has worked uptil now.

"A little learning is a dangerous thing; drink deep, or taste not the Pierian spring: there shallow draughts intoxicate the brain, and drinking largely sobers us again."

Last edited:
OP
sweetricha07

sweetricha07

Broken In
yaar, the jumper settings are correct. the disk inside the drive doesnt get detected not the drive itself and that too sometimes.

speedyguy

Cyborg Agent
did u try swapping ide cables for ur drives...put it in pri master slot n plug ur hdd to sec or slave...if still d same u got driver problems....wich os u using?

Enjoy~!

assasin

Banned
Just try 1 thing.Update the firmware of ur combo drive.Chances r dat it'll solve ur prob.Had a similar prob wit my SONY DRU-720A.crossflashed it to a Liteon SOHW 1693S and had no probs after dat.It wud be better if u mention ur drives Make and model no here cuz if u flash the firmware in a wrong way ur combo will be dead...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom