CD burning in limited account holder in Win XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

freemurti

Right off the assembly line
How an administrator can allow a limitted account holder in Win XP, the CD writing right without giving him admistrator privelege?

I mean, when the limited account holder wants to burn a cd, a notice appears to ask the admin. to allow the right to write cd. I, the admistrator want to give this right to my child, limited user, but do not want to give other priveleges of admin like installing program & deleting system file etc.

Please suggest some way. I have already tried the search, but did not get any suitable answer.

Thanks in advance.

siriusb

Cyborg Agent
Go to
Start->"Administrative tools"->"Local security policy"->"Local policies"->"security options"->"Devices: Allowed to format and eject removable discs"

double-click that entry and make it to read "Admin and interactive users".

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Hmm.... if u r using Nero, try downloading nero burning rights. Search for it on *www.nero.com

OP
F

freemurti

Right off the assembly line
Yes, I am usuing Nero 6 full version.

Kalpik, can you be a bit more elaborate please. What to do after downloading the rights? I have not yet searched in Nero site.

Thanks Siriusb, I will try that & get back.

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Hi!

Well, i did the searching for you! Hehe. Find more info here.

Basically, just install it and u will be presented with 3 options, just select the option which allows everyone burn rights so that there is no confusion.

If u need more help check out the manual here

Still, if any questions, do post back!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom