cd and dvd read problems!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

romeo_8693

"The RaCaLaNGeL"©
mant times i've seen that pc cd-roms or dvd rather windows cannot detect presence of media in the drive(usually movie cd's and dvd's),but same cd's & dvd's work on dedicated vcd/dvd players.why does this happen??is there any way u can make windows detect the presence of media??

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
it usally happens with older drives.just clean the drive internally.it happens due to dust.

OP
romeo_8693

romeo_8693

"The RaCaLaNGeL"©
i dont think so,cos every time i put the same cd ov dvd it says insert media.its surely not bcos of dust.......i think it has something to do with the way the cd or dvd was burned!

janitha

Wise Old Owl
romeo_8693 said:
mant times i've seen that pc cd-roms or dvd rather windows cannot detect presence of media in the drive(usually movie cd's and dvd's),but same cd's & dvd's work on dedicated vcd/dvd players.why does this happen??is there any way u can make windows detect the presence of media??

I think you will find the following link useful which contains answers to a similar question posted by me
*www.thinkdigit.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=23214&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

V.Prem Kumar

aminsagar123

Journeyman
my "Sony DVD RW AW-G170A" drive had this kinda problem. I was unable to play movie dvds.

I modified the firmware to "Optiarc AD-7170A 1.04 BT" with Binflash utility and its permanently fixed now :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom