Ccleaner,Adware2k7,revo uninstaller help

Status
Not open for further replies.

uzair

Jumping Jack
I,ve tried using ccleaner,adware2k7,revo uninstaller provided on the digit discs...

Ccleaner,Revo uninstaller:=

It spotted out many .dmp from Minidump folder and many log files from the system 32 folder,plus many missing registry keys,from mui cache and many places....Is it safe to let Ccleaner,Revo remove those keys..

Adware 2k7:=

This too spotted out a few registry entries with the name "Dataminer" located in HKCU...Is it safe to delete this too???

Can i trust these apps??

V

vaibhavtek

Ya these apps are trusted by all even I use all these apps...

Offtopic:-
BTW U have Join Digit : Aug 2006

and till now 46 posts.

Why..??

ancientrites

In the zone
i am sorry to say mentioned softwares are bogus.last time i used ccleaner it removed file may be it was .dll or something like that.i had to reinstall
i recommend registry mechanic 7 or reg cure.you know where to download dont you?

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
I also recommend Registry Mechanic but the main problem is that needs to be bought. I've used CCleaner and it is fine but it can't be compared with registry mechanic. However, you can still use it and do not forget to create a System Restore point before performing the clean.

OP
uzair

uzair

Jumping Jack
Ya these apps are trusted by all even I use all these apps...

and till now 46 posts.

Why..??

B'coz the replies u get from this forum is too low...
Digit sure is loosing its appeal..

anandk

Distinguished Member
AdAware 2007 has now become bloatware; but sure, you can still trust it and CCleaner...

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ +1

According to my personal experience. I don't like CCleaner even though it is free. Whenever I perform a scan from it, most of the programs in my Start Menu when opened show some kind of MSI installation i.e. they are getting reinstalled again. I don't know why it happens...... So I've stopped using CCleaner for Registry repairs......

hullap

Cyborg Agent
^^ u must edit the settings of cclener
BTW im on ubuntu and dont need any software mentiond here

and till now 46 posts.

Why..??
*gigasmilies.googlepages.com/37a.gif

Last edited:

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
^^ u must edit the settings of cclener
Yes, indeed I fix selective issues and have edited the settings.
Actually, I was warning him not to mess up with Installer/Uninstaller Reference Issues. Only fix those in which you are completely confident. For eg. I had uninstalled 7-zip quite a while ago. So, I fixed the Uninstaller Reference Issues issues of 7-zip.

And also, do take the bake-up of the registry when CCleaner advises so that you can revert the changes when anything goes wrong.....

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom