Case Mods and more

Status
Not open for further replies.

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
Front Panel Audio Connectors

Front Panel Audio Connectors

Most of the new cabinets have front panel audio ports to connect speakers/headphones/mics etc . for those who don't have that option and find it hard to connect the headphone sockets behind the system each time , try this .
Get these parts
*img126.exs.cx/img126/1728/audio1.gif
*img126.exs.cx/img126/9493/wires.gif
- headphone connectors (Red One in the pik )
- headphone connectors sockets (Black rectangular Socket : BRS in the pik )
- long speaker wires
- headphone connectors adapters that split single line into two ( black splitter in pik )

take the wire and solder the red headphone connector to one end . on the other end connect the outter
copper wire to one of the tiny silver connectors on the BRS. connect the inner core copper wires to the other silver connectors on the BRS for left and right respectively .

i havent been able to get left and right properly , so just connected it directly . if any one in electronics knows how to get left and right from that BRS , do tell .

if u have a provision for fixing a front panel socket , gr8 , else make a hole in front of the cabinet the size of the BRS . the BRS have a screw which u can remove , attach the BRS from inside the cabinet and

Screw the BRS firmly to the cabinet . take the other end of the wire , within the system and out of any gap u might have behind ur pc , usually empty pci slot opening . connect the splitter to ur audio out behind the pc and attach ur speaker and BRS connectors to it
. u could get a front panel audio with usb seperately and attach it to ur m/b directly , but these kinda parts dont seem to be available seperately . tried
many places couldnt find any so tried it myself ;)

OP
K

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
*img47.exs.cx/img47/2508/FanFinal.jpg
Ok , was a sunday so had nothing better to do . Thanks to "funkymonkey" i drilled my side panel fan and finally fixed it yesterday . Was worried abt dust going in when idle . so thought of using a boost/horlick bootle cap to cover it . thought of a screen for it , but changed my mind . so finally got a few computer parts itself and ended up making a cover for the fan grill when idle . the floppy disk works gr8 with the screw koz if u rotate the disk a little it will fix firmly and not fall off and if u turn it the other way it comes of easy . aint sure how effective it will be , but kinda fun to make .

rohanbee

Padawan
Thanks for the detailed info on the Front panel audio connectors i've been meaning to ask someone how to do it? my intex cabinet has the provision ....................so i will try this out and let you know the result . :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom