Case Assembly

Status
Not open for further replies.

ajitp

Right off the assembly line
i just bought all the components for my new computer, first time building, but i can't figure out how to:

a. mount the cabinet fan
b. mount the motherboard

i bought an ibox it looks like it has space for two fans but it only came with one. It also came with about 20 odd pieces of which i've only managed to install the "rubber feet" :oops:

i would like to know how to install the fan since i can't seem to see any screws that would fit and also the little sheet of paper that came with the ibox isn't helpfull at all.

i think that once the fan is installed, it won't be too hard to figure out how the motherboard fits in (i've got a pretty good idea, just not sure where the screws are for it) but any help you can give would be great!

Thank you very much in advance

Ajit

darklord

Cyborg Agent
from your post it seems you are totally new to assembling a system.In such a scenario i would recommend,you take help from your friend is accustomed to building systems.

pimpom

Cyborg Agent
darklord has a point. Assembling a computer is fairly simple but there are many small details that are perhaps too numerous to handle as a step-by-step guide through a forum. There are magazine articles and websites for this but right now I can't recall any specific issue or site.

It will be well worth spending a few hundred rupees to have someone do it for you. But if you'd really like to learn how to do it yourself, PM me with your email address and I'll try to help.

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
for ur cabinet fans get these screws and plastic/rubber washers to reduce the noise and hold then securely

*img69.exs.cx/img69/2398/screw.gif

*img69.exs.cx/img69/8517/screwpik.gif

fix the m/b first and then the cabinet fan as the fan might obstruct ur positioning ur m/b correctly . i think dig and other mags had articles with piks on how to assemble a system properly . best of luck .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom