Status
Not open for further replies.

damnthenet

Journeyman
I'm starting a thread here meant only for CAREER GUIDANCE in TECH.... Through this, anyone can raise questions about career options.
I feel this would be most helpful for students like me getting guided by experts in the field....

Useful Links :
*www.hinduonnet.com/edu/

Last edited:

Desmond

Destroy Erase Improve
Staff member
Admin
Whatever, My q is, What chance of getting a Job do I have after doing my BE(comp. sc.), will it be good to do MCA after that?

go_gamez

In the zone
i am currently..in FYJC...voc comp.sci. (junior college ie . 11th)... i knw i have a long way to go..in education.
..but its my dream..to do something big...and i dont wanna work my whole life undersome one in a tech/comp. company...
i knw i will have to work.in a company.in the starting to get some experience...
but my ultimate aim..is to make it big...like owner of a company like..INFOSYS..,WIPRO, MICROSOFT or sumthing similar...or even a top level job in such companies..or a top level job for some tech magzine...
what i belive..is that all this is possible...cauz ppl like Narayan murthy., Azimji Premji.and Bill gates..also started from some small level...
but i dont knw the right path for all this...can some one tell me...how can such a dream accomplished..if someone...can understand my ambitions...
i am mostly intrested..in latest hardware/software..all gizmos..and everythin related to technology !!
please help...me i need u r support..

OP
damnthenet

damnthenet

Journeyman
go_gamez said:
can some one tell me...how can such a dream accomplished..if someone...can understand my ambitions...
i am mostly intrested..in latest hardware/software..all gizmos..and everythin related to technology !!
please help...me i need u r support..
It's every one's dream to achieve big, but not everyone venture into doing so.
One obvious thing is that all great men were VORACIOUS READERS. So read every book you get, whatever be the field and develop your skills. Try to participate in everything. Don't shun away from anything. Develop leadership skills by reading and taking responsibilities...LEARN FROM THE LEADERS!!!

iluvw810i

Broken In
I am currently doin comp sci engg in blore.Unlike most of dem,m not interested in doin a job right away..I wanna have a career in video games.Means what r d various avenues open to us in India and abroad (some where like SOuth east Asia).Pls its urgent.mail me : boscoboys@gmail.com

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
I am a final yr. IT engg. student and currently preparing for campus palcements.
Can we also ask for the solution of questions of company's previous question papers as we generally cant find out their answers on the net and some of them are just too tough for people like me.

here is an example of such question:

A cow is standing 5 feet from the middle of the bridge. A train is coming towards the cow at speed of 90 miles per hour from the near end and the train is twice as long as the bridge. If the cow had tried to move forward in the same direction as of the train then the cow would have got hit be three feet. But it moved in opposite direction to the train and saved by one feet. Then What is the length of the bridge?

OP
damnthenet

damnthenet

Journeyman
Good ~Phenom~, you really got what I meant. This thread can be very useful even in discussing issues like that...
As for the problem, I should think...
But here's my humble request, please make the qusestion as clear as possible
And here's a link which might be useful...
Infosys' QP (a few answered) *www.recmadras.com/Department/Placement/Infosys-2006.doc

Last edited:

Ishan

In the zone
~Phenom~ said:
A cow is standing 5 feet from the middle of the bridge. A train is coming towards the cow at speed of 90 miles per hour from the near end and the train is twice as long as the bridge. If the cow had tried to move forward in the same direction as of the train then the cow would have got hit be three feet. But it moved in opposite direction to the train and saved by one feet. Then What is the length of the bridge?

The ans to the ques is in the ques..bridge is half the length of train.

~Phenom~

The No.1 Stupid
@ishan, r u really that dumb or a great actor?? I wanted the exact answer in units like feet, metre,etc.

P.S. No offence intended.

avdhut_s

Broken In
hi...thnx for posting this....

well, i've completed my BE(Elec & Telecomm ) & currently workin as a s/w dev
on VB, ASP.NET.....
now, i want to do further studies in order to join Game Devlopment....
will my experince as a dev (on above mentioned platforms) count if i want to join gamin industry ??

also hw good is ZICA course for game devlopement ??
or ICAT better ?>??

QwertyManiac

Commander in Chief
~Phenom~ said:
@ishan, r u really that dumb or a great actor?? I wanted the exact answer in units like feet, metre,etc.

P.S. No offence intended.
No offence but I feel what Ishan has said was the right answer, its all mostly aptitude questions.

OP
damnthenet

damnthenet

Journeyman
~Phenom~ said:
Here's the CORRECT ANSWER for the question
I've sent it as an attachement in GIF format
The answer that I gave FIRST in this thread is not appropriate... there was an error in the units and an equtaion...
I didn't read the question properly first... Now, I have edited it and given the correct answer. Sorry for the mistake.
Hope the answer is fine now...REPLY!!!

Last edited:

Ishan

In the zone
@Phenom...Sorry if u felt bad...and i am not offending right now, so pls we are good friends OK...I wanted to tell that...even my friend replied the same as me when I asked him this ques...

See i gave gave him the ques in written..so the ans has took this direction...
but if the ques is asked orally to u....u cant get such an ans...So this the differece....
Well I stop this here...so that the thread doesnt goes to wrong direction.Sorry once again if u felt bad!

wizrulz

GUNNING DOWN TEAMS
I have done my COmp engg this year and cleared out with 1st class.
But according to me Engg is JUST and degree and it in no way can help in job feild...the syllabus sucks..which stresses more on theory....and irrelevant subjects.....every enng has to get additional knowledge ...say programming language, h/w knowledge, MBA etc.
The Companies aslo do not trust Engg degrees so tehy get in to training 6months to the candiates they have recruited.....they only to have to find QUICK learners through marks.....
Only few r capable of applying knowledge of engg feild in job env....
So what all enng ghave to say abt this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom