Career: bca-mca good ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirates1323

In the zone
I have completed my 12th with commerce... I knw vb,oracle cuz I had Informatic practices in 11-12th... im interested in programming and security ..i knw little php as well... i wnted to knw wht best can be done in the field of IT to get the best renumeration in the industry.. as Im not a science student I cant do engineering like btech etc ... so is bca and then mca good for me ? .. wht else options i have ..

thanks

Last edited:

chicha

High without substance...
I have completed my 12th with commerce... I knw vb,oracle cuz I had Informatic practices in 11-12th... im interested in programming and security ..i knw little php as well... i wnted to knw wht best can be done in the field of IT to get the best renumeration in the industry.. as Im not a science student I cant do engineering like btech etc ... so is bca and then mca good for me ? .. wht else options i have ..

thanks

i am in final year BCA right now, and in bangalore university.
the course we studied was not very good so they changed the course to meet some standards.
BCA is a good option but after that i would suggest you work for year or 2 in the field of your interest( avoid call centers) and then do the masters in that field or take up MBA in IT or some thing like that.
having tw0-3 options open is advisable.

i am going to work in a small company as a jr network administrator.and then after 2 years i will do my masters.

PS: the pay after BCA is less the MAXIMUM what you can accept is15-20K. and you need to work for atleast 1 whole year in the same company to count that as 1 year experience.

ajaybc

Youngling
Iam a second year BCA student at Mahatma Gandhi university,Kerala.
I heard that u have to study the same things u study in BCA at MCA also.

U being a commerce student may find maths a bit tough.
Accountancy is there as a subject for me.I dont know abt other universities.

chicha

High without substance...
its to some extent the same what we did, but you have many new subjects which we did not have.
one more thing is that the course looks nice, at the end of it you will be comfortable DBMS, programming and Networking and LOGIC and Microprocessor.
it does not look to me that the course is going to make you perfect in one field which gives you the edge of choosing the field you are interested in.

and the optional subjects are they additional to the 5 theory or you can drop one and chose the optional?

Iam a second year BCA student at Mahatma Gandhi university,Kerala.
I heard that u have to study the same things u study in BCA at MCA also.

U being a commerce student may find maths a bit tough.
Accountancy is there as a subject for me.I dont know abt other universities.

Good god i did not point it out as i thought it was only in bangalore.
its no use doing MCA then at least in that university, and by the there are few more BCA students here who i think have to some extent the same syllabus.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom