card question (debit+credit) please ans

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkt3000

Broken In
can I do Internet reservations/shopping with my debit card ? I was arguing with my friend that I need a credit card for yatra/makemytrip flight reservations but I have to wait until I have a credit card ( it is under process ) .

So can I do it using my debit card ?
I have IcIcI / corporation bank's debit card .
:eek:
If you ask me why you have debit card but no credit card ? :mad:

ok the ans is >> do a google search " icici bank credit card review " sbi credit card review ..... and see the problems .
even I know you people will reply me instantly like " I am using credit card for __ years and never faced any probs " ok , but I can tell you that free for life credit cards are indeed not free for life.Go to mouthshut.com and see how many people facing trouble with their credit cards . Every time I go to a shopping mall one cute girls asks me for a free for life credit card . so why they are so willing to give it free ? only because they will gain. goto mouthshut.com and see what people there r saying .

anyway atlast I have applied for a credit card of HSBC .
but it will take some days to come while immediately I need to do a flight reservations. so can I do it using a debit card ? u can say " U TRY IT AN TELL US " actually I dont want to mess with my bank balance .

gauravakaasid

Back to l33ching :)
^^not all sites accept debit cards, afaik makemytrip.com also accepts cheques/DD for payments. u can try that

also, indiaplaza.in might accept debit card payments, not sure. check their website

Sukhdeep Singh

Host4Cheap.org
Best way which is use is HDFC Netsafe cards.

If you have an HDFC Bank Account, you get Debit Card. You can use HDFC Netsafe Facilty. With this feature, you can make virtual credit cards to be safe.

Say i need to pay a merchant RS 1000. i simply make a new Credit Card for Rs 1000 and give him that card rather than giving my actual card and risking it :)

amitava82

MMO Addict
I have HDFC Credit card and I've not faced any problem till date. Its all depends on how sensibly you use it. If the bank say they are giving you one for free and there is no yearly membership charges then it should be completely free. I got my card for free and I never paid any extra charges for that. of course you will be charged if you cross your credit limit period... HDFC Netsafe is another great option...

din

Tribal Boy
@sukhi420

Your account here got hacked ? Sombody else using it for spamming here ?

Or you are spamming intentionally ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom