Car(Toy car) which can be controlled through serial port

Status
Not open for further replies.

Devrath.N.D

Broken In
Dear friends,

In my school there is an exibhition this year. So i have decided to display a car which can be controlled through the computer.

So my dear friends can you tell me the detailed steps and procedures to create this. You can also tell the website where i can get help

Please as fast as possible

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
see it and besides v r currently working on a car controlled by voice commands wirelessly

Rollercoaster

-The BlacKCoaT Operative-
This project is more of a mechanical/electronics project then a computer project.

You will have majour problems with installing motors/gears and turning mechanics for the wheels and then u will have huge trouble controlling these mech thru digital ckts. sending signals and data exchange is the easiest part of it all.

SO if u really what to do this then u need three rare things-
1. a ingenious Mechanical engg dude
2. a electronics engg who is expert with digital ckts and basic microprocesors
3. a dumb programmer who can address the ports of the pc and read/write bits to those ports

Good luck!

Arsenal_Gunners

Human Spambot
you need the support of government for this project computer sir.btw.was this project thought by you or given by the institution.

Rollercoaster

My advice
1. Try to get hands on a remote controled toy car and then interface teh remote using a ckt to the PC. Tho this wont be a real project but a make-do
2. Search google using - R/c circuit cars,electronic interface serial port,servo motors, etc...

here are a few basics
Toy Car Tx/Rx 27MHz - Tx/Rx means transmitter/reciever
A R/C Switch - R/C means remote controlled
Simplest R/C Circuit - very simple R/c switch(u will need a array of R/c switches to control stuff

these are a lot to start with and quite hard to find on the net. So i wont search more now. if u really want to do this project then post details of ur porject here and then i will try and help.

Last edited:

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
roller i think u took it a little too far ....

apna 8085 can do it ..... dont know but i think it will b possible with either 85-86 both can ctrl step-up motors and as it is a toy car u dont need to move all 4 tyres the rear/front 2 will be sufficient .... and if i am not wrong u can connect a 85/86 board to the serail port of ur pc

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
if u hav their telephone number call em .... their expertise will really be helpful

Rollercoaster

oops! My Bad! i took it for granted that he wants to build a R/c car!!!

anyways if we design a wired controller then too it is very complex...
using a 8085 or anyother microprocessor and servo motors is not an easy task. trust me i have done this. The coding of the microprocesor and PC interface is the easy part. Designing the ckt and the mechanics is the hard part...

anyways i have little exp in 8085 ckt design but a fair knowlidge of the basics and programming.. so if req i will be happy to help

BTW Nothing is Impossible! :cool:

Last edited:

eagle_y2j

Youngling
Devrath.N.D said:
Dear friends,

In my school there is an exibhition this year. So i have decided to display a car which can be controlled through the computer.

So my dear friends can you tell me the detailed steps and procedures to create this. You can also tell the website where i can get help

Please as fast as possible
*img403.imageshack.us/img403/8842/lollercoaster3ts4.gif
i thought u r telling us how to make a Toy car which can be controlled through serial port.........

*****u posted in wrong section*******

gowtham

Journeyman
i think there is an article once in electronics for u magazine on how to do this exactly. i have the magazine with me, if anyone wants to try

Rollercoaster

tell me the issue num and month/year of the mag.. i have it most prob...

and @eagle_y2j - what the heck was that????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom