Capturing Video from digital handycam

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shikhar

Journeyman
I have a Sony DCR TRV 355E camcoder. It is a Digital handycam. My PC config is P3 800 Mhz, 304 SD RAM, 20 GB HDD.
I capture video from my handycam through Pixela Image Mixer (USB) . Even though my handycam is a digital one , the video recorded on my PC is quite grainy and pixelated.
Which program should I use???
Also, I feel that earlier when I used to record video from handycam to my PC the quality was much better. Even the size of the videofile was about 2 to 3 GB for 50 min video which dropped down to just 600 MB (now).
There is an option of recording the video in low,med,high and very high quality in the program. But changing these settings is not affecting the quality now.
Please help!!!!!

whistler

Journeyman
check

check the compression codec used by the software....
also check the same for the earlier 2-3 gb files..
for this do a google for GSpot.

NikhilVerma

Padawan
Shikhar said:
Even though my handycam is a digital one , the video recorded on my PC is quite grainy and pixelated.

It it because you took the picture in a dimly lit room..
Even the best camrecorders will fail if the ligting conditions and camera settings are not good.

Shikhar said:
Also, I feel that earlier when I used to record video from handycam to my PC the quality was much better. Even the size of the videofile was about 2 to 3 GB for 50 min video which dropped down to just 600 MB (now).
There is an option of recording the video in low,med,high and very high quality in the program. But changing these settings is not affecting the quality now.
Please help!!!!!

Remove te battery or reset the settings of your camcorder... And if the problem doesn't get solved

read the manual dude!!

digidream

Broken In
Hi,
If u r using USB for making video & transfering files, u'll never get superior quality. USB is mainly for video chatting & web cams.

U should first record ur desired video without attaching the camera to computer, then transfer the video through S-Video cable to Computer. For this u must have TV-Tuner card, now they r cheap. U can also use composite cable to transfer the video to Computer.

Hope it helps u.

freshseasons

King of my own Castle
Have got sony 105E mini DV camcorder and use firewire port to catpure the video..here is my rating ....
1) Firewire for best video ( Takes huge amount of space tough )
2) USB 2.0
3) AV out
But if u want professional quality i think firewire is the real option else why would one buy digital Camcorder if one uses it to capture in analogue mode...Firewire Rulezzzz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom