Cant use Downlaod Managers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Destructo

Broken In
I havea broadband conenction and everytime I use a Download Manager such as Download Accelerator or Mass Downloader, data trasnmssion just halts.

I have Net4India Broadband conenction and was wondering if any face a similar problem.

I called for the Network Admin, but he says my connections are ok from his end. I dont know why I have to get disconencted all the while. Does this have to do with soem registry settigns.

I cant download with a Download Manager. It becomes a real problem.

theraven

Technomancer
vysakh said:
u dont need a manager for a broadband connection
im watchin u m8
everytime u make a stupid post im gonna be there !!
watch it !!

who told u broadband doesnt need download managers ?
are u the authority on net connections and download ?

NONO wait ... i got a better question to ask .... do u KNOW what a download manager does ?
i think ur only idea abt a download manager is that it resumes download if u get disconnected from the net ...

or maybe ur going by their "ADS" to give a 300% speed boost ? and u think that broadband in india is really amazin ??

ok lets take it step by step
Advantages of Download Managers
1) supports resume feature ...
if u get disconnected in case of dial up ... or if the site fails to connect in the middle of the download etc ( could happen on broadband too )
2) speed boost of abt 10% ... yet very handy ( on dialup as well as broadband )
3) multiple download support without fear of loosin any download ( as opposed to non reliable, max 10 downloads of inbuilt IE downloader )
4) scheduling support to start/stop downloads on their own
5) some download managers let u specify how much bandwidth u wanna use .. hence preserving bandwidth
6) queuing support for downloads ... so as each download may get full allocated bandwidth .. also ... downloads may being on their own once set in queue without user intervention
7) priority structure when queuing downloads .... so as u can get ur impirtant files first .. and still dont have to tamper or manually set anything
8) temporary cachin of files and joining .. so as u can "view" part of the file between the download as well ( DAP )
9) manually configured automatic triggerin for any file type u want the manager to handle
10) play sounds when download finished
11) AUTO VIRUS SCAN option once the download is done
12) maintains list of all downloaded files according to location on HDD till list is cleared
13) automatically disconnect from the net or shutdown computer once download is done ...

there .. a bakers dozen worth of reasons why EVERYONE should use a download manager

sorry from strayin from the topic .. but i really thot that was required
@destructo .... do tell us what the error is if any
and try reinstallin the appz .. or try another software

what do u mean it halts ?
does ur net stop completely ? dows ur download manager hang ?
does only the doenload halt ?

try disablin the download manager and using the inbuilt IE downloader and see if any data " HALTS "

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom