cant update pc-cillin 2005..

Status
Not open for further replies.

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
hello ppl,
i am using trend micro pc cillin internet security 2005 from yesterday and i am not able to update my virus definations..it says incorrect server response..what could be the problem?
i had the same problem with nod32 and nav 2005 too .:( can someone tell me what could the problem be..could it be my isp is blocking it cuz my zap is allowing all of them.

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
u have the original key / serial number for pc cillin ?
try diabling firewall . even pc cilling's firewall just to check if ur able to update . anyways i would suggest using a download manager , just in case the connection breaks during update . Hope u have updated the scan engine too , as there seems to have been a problem with older ones

OP
T

thegame_rulez

Journeyman
yes..i have the original key. btw can i get the definations in an exe format just like nav defination files..which would be much easier?

klinux

Ambassador of Buzz
u can download the lpt### (#=update number) from here . its in zip format and its advicable to download using a download manager or opera's or firefox's d/l manager as they have resume too . if u have the original key , contact cillin's tech support in india regarding auto update . did u d/l the scanengine too and update it ?

trendmicro.com/download/pattern.asp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom