Can't run Borland C++ IDE(v 3.0) in Win Xp SP2

Status
Not open for further replies.

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
Help me. Borland C++ IDE(v 3.0) used to run earlier on my sys with WIN XP SP2 but after a reinstallation of the OS and all the patches(currently SP2+ & patched till Sept 2006 using Autopatcher XP.) the DOS based IDE doesn't work anymore even in compatibility mode.

When I click the IDE .exe( TC.exe) , the console comes up for a fraction of second and then disappears. No instance of it even runs in background.

If any of you have faced this problem or have heard this b4, please advice fast.

Last edited:

swatkat

Technomancer
Does it work when you run it from Command Prompt? (Go to Start > Run and type cmd to get Command Prompt)

OP
kaustav_geek

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
no man I've tried that silly thing too!!!

I've even booted in "safe mode with command prompt" but no fair output. Nothing Doing. I've even Installed the BloodShed DEV C++ IDE . It runs fine but when I run the code, againn the same damn thing happens-- the console comes and disappears in afraction of second. Even keeping the cmd promp open doesn't help.

Last edited:

[xubz]

"The Cake is a Lie!!"
Well, Turbo C++ 3.0 is a 15 year old 16Bit Application, XP Emulates 16Bit apps.. so It'll be Slow..

Anyway.. with Dev C++,

Add system("pause"); for C++ (at the end of the Program, before the end Braces)

Add getch(); for C
(you need to include conio.h too)

DukeNukem

Come get Some
subbzzz said:
Well, Turbo C++ 3.0 is a 15 year old 16Bit Application, XP Emulates 16Bit apps.. so It'll be Slow..

Anyway.. with Dev C++,

Add system("pause"); for C++ (at the end of the Program, before the end Braces)

Add getch(); for C
(you need to include conio.h too)

First read his Probs Bro.
This is not what he is asking for.
(he should have know it, if he is workin on C++)

OP
kaustav_geek

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
Hey subbuzz All my program codes have getch() and besides i'm not using the default g++ compiler of DEV C++ so system("pause") is not required.Besides, all my codes are input based so atleast the console should turn up but thats not happening.

Ok, i generalise ,my problem. I'm not able to run any "DOS-based" program on my Win XP SP2. NoW CAN YOU GUYS HELP????

Last edited:

Stalker

Padawan
^^i've heard that win XP cannot run DOS programs properly..........but i can run Turbo C++ properly on it

DukeNukem

Come get Some
kaustav_geek said:
currently SP2+ Autopatched till Sept 2006.

What kinda patch is that. a patch to dissable DOS based Progs.

Budddy Believe me i am scratching my head while reading this post
because iam running winxpsp2 and Borland C++ IDE(v 3.0) is running Just Fine

Lets see what i came up with

swatkat

Technomancer
Hi,
Try using DOSBox, an open source DOS emulator which emulates DOS better than CMD ;)

[Edit]
Some more tips to run old DOS based programs in Windows XP.

OP
kaustav_geek

kaustav_geek

1337 |)00|) \m/
well by Autopatched I mean I've Patched my system using Autopatcher Xp. Even b4 that, i was unable to run dos programs.

Note:: I was able to run all dos programs prior to the reinstallation.

[4]Still nt working. Used DOS box[/4]

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom