Can't play DVDs in WMP and the KMPlayer

Status
Not open for further replies.

pushkar

Journeyman
I got a new SONY NEC Optiarc AD-7200A DVD burner installed in my PC yesterday. The problem is that I am not able to play video DVDs in Windows Media Player (both 10 and 11) and KMPlayer. When I try using WMP, it gives this error message:

*img249.imageshack.us/img249/4510/wmpbu7.png

In KMPlayer, it gives Error: Can't Play DVD.

I have K-Lite Codec Pack Standard installed. I can play the same DVD in VLC Media Player. The DVD drive has the latest firmware installed.

Please don't tell me to dump WMP and use some other software. I use WMP only under special conditions.

NucleusKore

TheSaint
Read this
*www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/knowledgecenter/mediaadvice/0072.mspx

and then this
*www.microsoft.com/windows/windowsmedia/player/plugins.aspx

Happy !!!!!!!!

OP
pushkar

pushkar

Journeyman
Dude, please see the screenshot I have linked in my post. The error which I am getting is not the one which is caused due to non-availability of a DVD Decoder. I already have NVIDIA PureVideo Decoder installed on my XP.

Beta Waves

Journeyman
Forget about Windows media Player. Use Cyberlink Power DVD. I think you would have got that in the CD bundled with your DVD Drive

Why is that you want to play DVD in WMP itself.

Last edited:
OP
pushkar

pushkar

Journeyman
@Beta Waves, I have to use WMP to give effects of DFX Enhancer.

And no, I didn't get CyberLink PowerDVD along with the DVD drive. The CD contains only Nero 8 Essentials.

Zangetsu

I am the master of my Fate.
I got a new SONY NEC Optiarc AD-7200A DVD burner installed in my PC yesterday. The problem is that I am not able to play video DVDs in Windows Media Player (both 10 and 11) and KMPlayer. When I try using WMP, it gives this error message:

*img249.imageshack.us/img249/4510/wmpbu7.png

In KMPlayer, it gives Error: Can't Play DVD.

I have K-Lite Codec Pack Standard installed. I can play the same DVD in VLC Media Player. The DVD drive has the latest firmware installed.

Please don't tell me to dump WMP and use some other software. I use WMP only under special conditions.

hmmm...:cool:

install K-Lite Mega Codec Pack latest version
& then try playing it in WMP :cool:

4 better movie xperience use power DVD 8.0 or WinDVD 9 Plus....
coz they play better than WMP....& after all its ur choice :D

OP
pushkar

pushkar

Journeyman
I don't think this is a codec problem, because the player doesn't even try to play it. As soon as the player opens, it gives this error. And with nvidia decoder installed, I don't think it needs another codec pack.

Zangetsu

I don't think this is a codec problem, because the player doesn't even try to play it. As soon as the player opens, it gives this error. And with nvidia decoder installed, I don't think it needs another codec pack.

It wont cost u anything 2 try.....just try it & then post...:D

it can happen dat ur nvidia codec pack is broken....

just try what i've said & then see:D

OP
pushkar

pushkar

Journeyman
OK, I tried it. It still doesn't work.

Just for your information, I had another DVD burner about two years ago. At that time, I was able to play DVDs using WMP. But that burner went defective after 1-2 months.

But since that time, I have reinstalled Windows one or two times and installed numerous applications.

Zangetsu

OK, I tried it. It still doesn't work.

Just for your information, I had another DVD burner about two years ago. At that time, I was able to play DVDs using WMP. But that burner went defective after 1-2 months.

But since that time, I have reinstalled Windows one or two times and installed numerous applications.

then try playing it in ur frnds PC....if it works there then u r pc has some problem
:D

OP
pushkar

pushkar

Journeyman
I know my PC has some software problem. The DVD disc doesn't have any problem. Thats what I want to solve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom