CANT OPEN GMAIL INVITATION

Status
Not open for further replies.

sahil_blues

In the zone
i just got a gmail invitation...the probem is that the link specified in the email is not opening...i tried to copy paste the url in the address bar but it didnt help...then i tried opening gmail.google.com...but it gave me the same page ' cannot be displayed ' error as earlier...what might be the problem??

TheGuru

Broken In
First try to enter "*gmail.google.com" (or *www.gmail.com without the quotes) in the address bar. If this works, well and good.

Otherwise, for whatever reason, the address is not being resolved properly. In most of the cases, this will be an issue with the hosts file. Are you using any software that claims to increase your internet speed (some net-caching software)? If so, disable it. Otherwise, open up c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc\hosts file and check to see if you have any entry with gmail.google.com in it - you may have to comment it out.

Sourabh

Laptoping
hheheh this is wht i do when such kinda things happen

try searching gmail in google
and click on the first obvious gmail link
and voila gmail.google.com :wink:

OP
S

sahil_blues

In the zone
ive tried www.gmail.com, gmail.google.com, the link after searching gmail in google...but nothing helped, iam sure that the software req. are there as i just bought a new hp pavilion...man this is bugging me ...pls tell me that there is another way to sort this problem out...

[digitt]

Broken In
assuming that u are able to open other sites ..this seems to b a secured sites issue...coz the invitation takes u to a secured website...
try to disable any firewall if u hav one....
run these commands go to start run
regsvr32 wintrust.dll
regsvr32 softpub.dll
then try to view these sites

TheGuru

Broken In
Did you check the hosts file I mentioned above? If it is clean, then try accessing some secure HTTPS site: *mail.yahoo.com
I don't think this will open.

Are you using any proxies? If so, you need to specify the same proxy for all protocols (assuming the proxy supports SSL).

If this is not the case, your SSL settings/library is corrupted - you can try using an alternative browser like firefox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom