Can't Open any of my hard drive with double click

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyondigit

Right off the assembly line
Hi Evryone,recently I'm having a problem with my pc.. i can't open any of my drive with double click..the only thing i can do is right click n open..there is an extra "Auto" in the pop up when i right click my mouse..which is normally not there...also i`m unable any of my hidden file, even after changin the folder options..[the open remains unchanged again]....Please Help!!!!!

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
open registry editor. goto

HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Drive\shell

on the right hand pane, double click on (default) and enter the value as "none" (of corz wid the quotes) you should now be able to open drives on double clicking them.

OP
J

jimmyondigit

i've tried doing that... but it has no effect..neither can't find any autorun.ini nor there's any change after editing the registry..thanks for the help anyway...

shantanu

Technomancer
after changing the folder options , check if any .ini file you find and delete it, now if you cant find INI file then just defrag your DRIVE once and check for errors.. after that run an AV to check for VIRUSES and CLEAN YOUR REGISTRY with a registry cleaner

Ganeshkumar

Padawan
I too had similar problem... for autorun.inf will not be available to edit in windows.. but try it from dos or linuxx... Wat i did is i used etrust or CA AV n removed that file...
bye Try this n let me know the result

abhijangda

Padawan
My friend jimmyondigit, nishant_nms is right. Go to the drive in which u are having problem. Open it. Then delete or move autorun.ini file to any folder. Restart ur computer ur problem will b solved.

OP
J

jimmyondigit

hey thank You for all the advice...bt it isn`t helping me out..i cant find autorun.ini and the av cant detect any virus... i have already scanned my pc with 7 different av.. i did tried to import reg files from another friend ..bt that too didn`t help.... THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR REPLIES...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom