Can't logon to Digit Forum

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stalker

Padawan
Message from rakeshishere

i am not able to visit the digit forum since 2 weeks.Whenever i login inside the forum i get the msg-"The server is too busy at the moment. Please try again later.".Tried through different browsers and through diff comp from diff places.Now i dont wanna make an diff account but use my same account.And after i get the msg which i said above and then i click-"USer CP".I am taken to this link- *en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Idiot

Intially i thought its some problem with the site coz it may be updating the forum then later i thought its some browser problem but now i dono why this is happening

Does any1 hv a solution 4 this problem?? Plz reply soon

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
some 1 else had also posted this problem of rakesh in the qna section .... it seems that the mods of temporarily banned him .... for a week or something chk out the qna section

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
Yes, he has been put in the Miserable User group.

What happens when you are placed in the Miserable user group?

Ans:
- There is a random 60-120 second delay each time they click on a link.
- 90% of times they have no search engine acccess.
- 75% of the times they get the server too busy error.

If they don't get the server too busy error:
- 50% of the times they may get a blank page
- 30% of the times they may get forwarded to the forum main page
- 20% of the time they may be able to see the page they asked for.

After doing all the math in actuality they have only a 5% chance of seeing the
page they clicked on.

We had been tracking rakeshishere's posts for quite some time and frankly he had it coming for some time now. The last straw was an offending signature I guess.

Please inform him about the same and also do advise him against creating new ID to login as that would incur even more harsher punishment.

As for the Wiki link, FatBeing is trying to tell you something there Rakesh.

Last edited:

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
@tech: I guess many people here are unaware of the Miserable User category. Maybe we should let this thread run for some more time so that those who dont know much about the Miserable Users will get to know about it.

If you agree, unlock the thread.

gary4gar

GaurishSharma.com
ctrl_alt_del said:
P do advise him against creating new ID to login as that would incur even more harsher punishment.
how did u all will how if he comes with new id,email & avaatar??

Last edited:

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
IPs can be tracked. In any case, the troublemaker will just give himself away. You know, kutte ki poonch.... No need to even look up for the IP. And in case the troublemaker has a change of heart and decides to stay sane in the new avaatar, we just might let him.

Miserable User is one of the best vB hacks out there. It just pays back the troublemaker in the same coin. Let him have a taste of his own medicine.

executioner

Journeyman
If u can punish a troublemaker so miserably then u should also reward someone who has done good with a new gfx card or processor *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/images/icons/icon10.gif

mediator

Technomancer
But mods, isn't that rude to treat him like that? I mean u cud have given him some warning etc! I mean there are better methods instead of giving him an iron fist on face! U can mark his nick red and then blue etc to make him realise that he is getting miserable each time etc. Please have some mercy on that poor guy after all many people make absurd and illogical posts here.

ctrl_alt_del

A Year Closer To Heaven
No, it isnt rude at all. Whats was in his siggy was what was rude. Look, we are not going to debate here as to what we have done with rakesh was justifiable or not.

This thread is allowed to run so that all can have their doubts cleared about miserable user group for once and for all.

If you are a new member here, we will warn you once, even twice. But if an old member commits a mistake, its hard to overlook and waste time warning him when we so very well know that the member was perfectly aware of him violating the rule. Miserable User is designed to let the member suffer in the same way as his posts/actions might have caused other people to suffer. Its not an iron fist by any term...that would be a Global Ban. This is just a mere whack, telling you to get in line or get ready for the Big One. And when did changing colors of Nicks stopped troublemakers from going there own merry way? If that would have been of any consequence, obviously they would have noticed once their rep jewels started showing up in red.

Anyway, what has happened has happened. This is just a reminder for any potential troublemaker.

Agreed there are many people making illogical posts just like Mr. Freaktidue did. Rest assured, everyone will be taken care of. All the troublemakers are being constantly monitered like rakeshishere was. One major slip up and Bam!

Andin any case, he has just been put in the group for only two weeks. He should count his lucky stars that it wasnt a permanent thing.

iMav

The Devil's Advocate
sorry for asking a dumb question but other than foul language wat other parameters seal our fate .... a little elaborate explanation please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom