Can't INSTALL SERVICE PACK 2 ON WIN XP

Status
Not open for further replies.

abhineet

tech geek
i HAVE WINDOWS XP RUNNING ON MY PC.Some days back i got Win SP2 CD writed from my friend (It was an original CD).When ever i try to install service pack 2 on my system ,a message is displayed saying that "a root file could not be found".Whats is the problem

nishant_nms

Cyborg Agent
saiaspire said:
Reporting................ Repeat Post!

It has not been repeated read both the posts again and u will see the difference. But still should be locked. Talking about piracy

puja399

In the zone
abhineet said:
...a message is displayed saying that "a root file could not be found"....

It seems that the SP2 installer is corrupt, did u try any other installer ???

@nishant_nms

Trouble in installing SP2 doesn't necessarily mean that the XP is pirated, and similarly installability of SP2 doesn't mean that the XP is original.
People with half a brain won't find any trouble with XP (whether pirated or not), SP2 and the Windows update (having WGA check).

sakumar79

Technomancer
Is the CD you copied from your friend a CD containing SP2 for Windows XP or is it a Windows XP installation CD with SP2 integrated? Please clarify... In the second case, we are dealing with piracy... so discussion on that is not allowed... If you got a Service Pack CD copy, it is possible the CD did not burn properly, so try to get the original and try to install with it...

BTW, could you post the detailed error message... Is the missing file name mentioned?

Arun

theraven

Technomancer
borrowin cd's from friends is illegal too
the only legal way is PAY FOR THE FREAKIN OS

i aint allowing any OS support for u anymore

all os (winxp) related questions posted by u as far as the system goes will be locked and deleted henceforth till u get a original copy

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom