1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

Can't INSTALL SERVICE PACK 2 ON WIN XP

Discussion in 'Software Q&A' started by abhineet, Apr 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. abhineet

abhineet tech geek

i HAVE WINDOWS XP RUNNING ON MY PC.Some days back i got Win SP2 CD writed from my friend (It was an original CD).When ever i try to install service pack 2 on my system ,a message is displayed saying that "a root file could not be found".Whats is the problem

2. saiaspire

saiaspire Guest

Reporting................ Repeat Post!

3. nishant_nms

nishant_nms New Member

It has not been repeated read both the posts again and u will see the difference. But still should be locked. Talking about piracy

4. puja399

puja399 New Member

It seems that the SP2 installer is corrupt, did u try any other installer ???

@nishant_nms

Trouble in installing SP2 doesn't necessarily mean that the XP is pirated, and similarly installability of SP2 doesn't mean that the XP is original.
    People with half a brain won't find any trouble with XP (whether pirated or not), SP2 and the Windows update (having WGA check).

5. QwertyManiac

QwertyManiac Commander in Chief

Umm, Puja, I think you didnt see this...

6. sakumar79

sakumar79 Active Member

Is the CD you copied from your friend a CD containing SP2 for Windows XP or is it a Windows XP installation CD with SP2 integrated? Please clarify... In the second case, we are dealing with piracy... so discussion on that is not allowed... If you got a Service Pack CD copy, it is possible the CD did not burn properly, so try to get the original and try to install with it...

BTW, could you post the detailed error message... Is the missing file name mentioned?

Arun

7. theraven

theraven Active Member

borrowin cd's from friends is illegal too
    the only legal way is PAY FOR THE FREAKIN OS

i aint allowing any OS support for u anymore

all os (winxp) related questions posted by u as far as the system goes will be locked and deleted henceforth till u get a original copy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.