Can't find hidden files

Status
Not open for further replies.

young_joz

Broken In
I hide some files in my comp. (D and E Drives) but after some days when i tried to open them by using "Folder Option". It doesn't show them! When i do the "Show hidden files and folders" under Folder option. It automatically on "Do not show...", it still there no matter how many times i undo them (Click "show hidden.."). I update my anti-(Virus, spyware) and scan... but nothing found. Even after new installation (XP-SP2), the problem still persists. When i consult some of my friends, they told me that it has be solve through Windows registry. Please Help.
P.S. The hidden files are shown when search.

Last edited:

URPradhan

Journeyman
Friend

It could be a worm sitting on ur PC coz I had also the same problem. After th I updated my AV s/w and scan my PC and not its working fine !

Cheers ......

Batistabomb

Deadman Walking
young_joz said:
I hide some files in my comp. (D and E Drives) but after some days when i tried to open them by using "Folder Option". It doesn't show them! When i do the "Show hidden files and folders" under Folder option. It automatically on "Do not show...", it still there no matter how many times i undo them (Click "show hidden.."). I update my anti-(Virus, spyware) and scan... but nothing found. Even after new installation (XP-SP2), the problem still persists. When i consult some of my friends, they told me that it has be solve through Windows registry. Please Help.
P.S. The hidden files are shown when search.
you are right pradhan his system infected by usb worm win32-tr,which sit on to your system at c:\windows\system32\apvoc.exe

with the help of your usb device may be pen drive or i-pod,first try if system restore is possible in safemode if not run "avast" boot scan or "kapersky scan"

URPradhan

Journeyman
Batistabomb said:
you are right pradhan his system infected by usb worm win32-tr,which sit on to your system at c:\windows\system32\apvoc.exe

with the help of your usb device may be pen drive or i-pod,first try if system restore is possible in safemode if not run "avast" boot scan or "kapersky scan"

Eaxctly dear, i had the same worm and killed it with Kaspersky :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom