Can't download through Torrents, however It connects

Status
Not open for further replies.

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Hello friends

I have an wi-fi connection provided by college!! Now when I try to download a file through torrent, the downloading doesn't start at all.I've tried it for many different torrents, each time the result is same!!! like in the pic
*img262.imageshack.us/img262/3783/69904333qd3.th.jpg
However it correctly tells the amount of seeders and leechers, i.e. it connects to net!!!
What is the problem?? Is it because of http connection??
Please help my, my wifi speed is always 250kBps plus, so I don't want to waste the precious speed by not downloading things.

debsuvra

is NOT a PC/Mac
Hello friends

I have an wi-fi connection provided by college!! Now when I try to download a file through torrent, the downloading doesn't start at all.I've tried it for many different torrents, each time the result is same!!! like in the pic
*img262.imageshack.us/img262/3783/69904333qd3.th.jpg
However it correctly tells the amount of seeders and leechers, i.e. it connects to net!!!
What is the problem?? Is it because of http connection??
Please help my, my wifi speed is always 250kBps plus, so I don't want to waste the precious speed by not downloading things.

May be torrents are blocked on the college network. ;) Did u try any proxies ?

mad_max

Journeyman
Look under tools-options-connection or something similar to that(haven't used utorrent),there should be an option to use proxys...

choudang

Padawan
hmmmmmm

looks like the same problem that i have faced...

Before giving you the solution, pl note that this is illegal as this pertaining to security over ride, MODs can delete this post if they want

1. download utorrent(1.8-rc5.upx) or bit-torrent portable. this is the safest way to run torrent without get noticed.
2. I hope that you are surfing net thru proxy server (can be located in internet explorer)
3. put the proxy port (internet explorer proxy port) into listening/incoming port number.

this will allow you to download the torrent, but make sure your proxy is not configured to restrict torrent download..

OP
eggman

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
I am getting this:

*img510.imageshack.us/img510/2817/s1jd3.th.jpg

after doing this:

*img114.imageshack.us/img114/3359/s2sw0.th.jpg

ico

Super Moderator
Staff member
Try some other ports. May be they've blocked most of the ports and only a few are allowed.

The same thing is in my school and I download torrents using the HTTP port i.e. 80 and this works for me.

kumarmohit

Technomancer
Check the torrent service provided by Imageshack.us. It allows you to upload torrent file to their server, downloads the torrent at their own server, gives you the http download link when done. Naturally there are space and bandwidth restrictions:)

OP
eggman

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
The PORT i used i.e. 8081 is the only one through which the INTERNET works in the wifi network!!!

devilinearth

www.system86.blogspot.com
hi eggman...am also using college wifi connection...am stayin in college hostel...i also faced the same problem as u...
here also its wifi lan....we need proxy to connect....orkut,torrents,messengers r blocked...

so to download torrent...u cant do anytin by configuring the proxy...coz u r already connected ..tht means u have entered the correct connection settings already...

u were not able to download torrent coz the network admin has blocked torrent downloads....nd this was told to me by my network admin...

coz this net connection is for educational purpose only...lol..

so to download torrents...go to imageshack.us...create an account thr...u wil get 5GB space...thr is a feature called torrent drive in imageshack...so u can download ur torrent files to ur imageshack account....and after tht...u can dowload the file from imageshack...without any probs...
jus upload the torrent file in ur imageshack account...nd press start download...so tht the file wil be downloaded to ur imageshack account....nd frm imageshack u can download it to ur pc...jus lik u do it to download a mp3...
after downloadin to ur pc....jus delete the file from imageshack...

i hop am clear

OP
eggman

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
Hello devilinearth

What after I have used the 5GB ???

Btw, I have exactly same problem as you!!!

I tried the Imageshack thing but I got this

*img386.imageshack.us/img386/5549/s1fh5.th.jpg

Last edited:

choudang

Padawan
its leading to no way out for torrent download.

if you often visit imagesk to download *.*, this also might get blocked by IT (if they are not foolish enough)

OP
eggman

eggman

I have Yolks not Brains!
its leading to no way out for torrent download.
Nahi........Ye nahi ho sakta............Ye sunne se pehle mere kaan kyon nahi phatt gaye!!!!!!!!!!!!:( :( :(
if you often visit imagesk to download *.*, this also might get blocked by IT (if they are not foolish enough)
I can usually download any banned extension by using *www.url1.in/ so I can give it a try!!!!!!!!!!!

choudang

Padawan
hmm ... its seems that your network admins are using squid for filtering all the things..

anyway, its not all bout the proxy sites, if your port is blocked for torrents/mp3/mpeg etc directly.. you won't to able to download.

devilinearth

www.system86.blogspot.com
u can only download 5gb....after tht u hav to vacate the space in imageshack.....and thr is traffic limit also....i told this method...coz this is the only way to download torrent in ur college connection....

or do one thin...get a premium account for imageshack...lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom