Cant delete a trojan winosz32.dll

Status
Not open for further replies.

mayhbp

Broken In
hi guys,
my pc got a virus named winosz32.dll since march,its nt the system 32 dir,
norton just fails to repair or delete it.it does not even delete manually.
symantech has no record of this virus on their virus list either.
i tryed googling it with no sucess.
any ideas?

Thanks for readng

phatratt

In the zone
one way would be formatting the drive and installing the OS.Also try other anti virus like anti vir,mcafee,etc

MysticHalo

Your Maker.
Well i wonder whats wrong with Norton, most Antivirus softwares , if unable to delete an infected file coz its being used in memory,stop the file from launching and delete it next time when system boots

Hello Friend The Best way im suggesting is Install AVG Antivirus, it is the most rated anti virus for Home Purpose, you have mentioned that you are using Norton. Make Sure that you are updating your Virus Definitions.

With Regards,
R.Bhuvaneshbabu
rbhuvaneshbabu@yahoo.com

swatkat

Technomancer
mayhbp said:
hi guys,
my pc got a virus named winosz32.dll since march,its nt the system 32 dir,
norton just fails to repair or delete it.it does not even delete manually.
symantech has no record of this virus on their virus list either.
i tryed googling it with no sucess.
any ideas?

Thanks for readng
Probably, it's related to this trojan family, which uses Winlogon key to load it's file. We have to use HijackThis to remove it. Download HijackThis and unzip it to dedicated folder. Then run it and click the button Do a System scan and save log file. It will give you a log file. Copy and paste the complete contents of that log.

Note: Do NOT remove anything/everything in HijackThis, if you don't know what you are doing.

Kniwor

Learner
u can use unlocker to stop it from running and delte manually...
unloacker will save u time at many occasions ... just ggogle

stormtrooper023

Right off the assembly line
I got winosz32.dll too, Norton found it but couldn't delete quarantine or repair it. If you got to Norton Internet Security after its found it, Click the Norton Antivirus tab, click Reports, View Report Activity Log, then Log Viewer pops up, select Norton AntiVirus, Threat Alerts, and click on the one that couldn't be deleted and then it should say something like "Source: C:\WINDOWS\system32\winosz32.dll
Click for more information about this threat : Trojan.Nebuler"
click the "Trojan.Nebuler" and it brings you to their site, they have it now, i dont know if they did when you checked, anyway they give great instructions on what to do! i got it off and its not buggin me anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom