can't burn more on CD and DVD

Status
Not open for further replies.

sahaymr

Right off the assembly line
hi all i have got sony DVD RW DRU 820A

my problem is that i am not able to burn cd of 800 mb and dvd of 4.7 gb
as nero 7.2 only recognize 700 mb of cd and 4.3 gb on dvd

how can i use the full space on the disk?

OP
S

sahaymr

for DVD i have also extended the over burn but it is limited to maximum of 100 mb

i think i need to go in for nero 7.5

Pragadheesh

In the zone
u cant write more than 4.3 GB on a DVD... coz,

in manufacturing standards of hardisk 1 GB = 1000 MB.
So, when multiplied 4.3 GB * 1024 * 1024 * 1024 = 4617089843.2 bytes or 4.7*10^9 bytes (approx).

OK now divide (4.7 *10^9)/1024*1024*1024 = 4.3..

So you get 4.3 GB on the DVD or 4.7 GB of data as said my manufactures.

Refer to *www.thinkdigit.com/forum/showthread.php?p=320282#post320282

But donno wats d prob wid cd...:(

OP
S

sahaymr

:confused:yeah i take ur point and agree on it but there are two different varients of the blank disc 700mb and 800mb one then how will you use that 800mb cd they are being differeniated by the vendors

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
The 800 Mb Cd's which I've used usually have 100 MB Overburn so if you enable Disk Overburn though it'll show 700 MB but you should be able to burn 800 MB.

royal

Padawan
I have read in certain forums that dvd overburning is possible upto 4.5 GB (mostly with Verbatim brand DVD+R) but I have been unable to do so with MoserBaer DVD-R . I asked if anyone in this forum knows the procedure but it seems no member has any actual experience of overburning DVDs :(

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
Well you can use something like DVD Shrink to bring down the size of DVD to 4.3 GB and then burn it to DVD.
It's a freeware available here: *www.dvdshrink.org/what.html

Do lemme know if this helps :)

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
^^^ True but if we can't increase the space maybe we can compress the data ? Has nyone done tried using something like DVD Shrink and then burn the DVD? I can't test it bcz I don't have a DVD Writer but it does shrinks the DVD thats confirmed ..

kalpik

In Pursuit of "Happyness"
Hmm.. Verbatim is obviously a *very* good brand, but you can also try MoserBaer. Do tell us how it goes! (I've never tried overburning a DVD :p )

royal

Padawan
kalpik said:
Hmm.. Verbatim is obviously a *very* good brand, but you can also try MoserBaer. Do tell us how it goes! (I've never tried overburning a DVD :p )

Is MoserBaer DVD+R available commonly :confused:

kalpik

Yeah! Its available in Nehru Place commonly.. Dunno about your place! Anyway, a DVD+R is better than DVD-R.

kalpik

Actually i never inquired about the price, but there should not be much diff. DVD+R is a only a little more expensive than DVD-R.

AshishSharma

Livin' in the ghetto
^^^ Nopes DVD+R is about double the price of DVD-R here in B'lore. I'll be in Delhi next week so might buy it from NP if it's ny cheaper.

royal

Padawan
kalpik said:
Yeah! Its available in Nehru Place commonly.. Dunno about your place! Anyway, a DVD+R is better than DVD-R.

exactly how is it better :confused: and why dont you go for it yourself :D

kalpik

*www.cdfreaks.com/article/113

I never went for it cuz generally i buy disks from near my place only (Not nehru place) and my local guy does not have DVD+R. Anyway, the price difference also matters cuz i burn in bulk! Anyway, i dont think there may be too much a difference between the price of a DVD-R and DVD+R.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom