can't browse internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

sujeet2555

In the zone
i have window xp pro-sp2 and dataone connection.since i have installed some proxy software i can't browse but i can ping to my ip or gateway.i have scanned whole system for any viruses and removed .i think the problem is as shown by hijackthis
* default URLSearchHook is missing
*broken internet access because of LSP provider icaproxy.dll missing

how can i fix it.

S

Shock_the_Rock

hello

if problem occur after installing proxy software then remove them or if programme is necessary to run ,contact data one. use firefox plz.

suave_guy

pedal to metal
system restore shud work in this case....

but before that check for the host files by gng to c:\windows\system32\drivers\etc

here you shud have 5 files in total and in case if you find two files as "hosts" than rename the host files as most probably spywares has created duplictae hosts which prevents you to browse the interent

try to broswe the websites from the address bar of the my computer

try to browse the websites by their ip adresses

try to disable/uninstall firewalls

try these and let us know

ENjoy...

devarajan

Journeyman
sujeet2555 said:
i have window xp pro-sp2 and dataone connection.since i have installed some proxy software i can't browse but i can ping to my ip or gateway.i have scanned whole system for any viruses and removed .i think the problem is as shown by hijackthis
* default URLSearchHook is missing
*broken internet access because of LSP provider icaproxy.dll missing

how can i fix it.

The proxy may be dead dude.so uninstall the software and try it.Before that try to disable the use of proxy in internet option's. :p

OP
sujeet2555

sujeet2555

In the zone
thanx for the reply,i restored my system.i can surf the intenet, but hijackthis says defaultsearchhook file missing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom