Cannot write on USB pen drive !

Status
Not open for further replies.

ameto

Right off the assembly line
hi

I got this USB free on my renewal on digit subscription ...128 m gigabyte usb pen drive.

A day ago i copied some file on is from the network ... the coping operation gave error saying network path not found in between ... so i deleted the files which had copied and retried... same problem occured... but from then on i could not delete the file copied... it gave an error saying

ERROR:cannot delete 'file' the disk is write protected
Remove the write protection or use another disk

now i do not have access to write on the usb pen drive ... also one of the folder copied have file with garbled filenames and the folder shows a size of 12 GB !! i just dont get it ...
i can read the file though..

i scaned the usb for any virus but there were no detection

what could be the problem ? please help ...there is no write protection switch on the pen drive like some others have.

thank u

cyrux

In the zone
Fine, thats just the problem i had recently. The folder couldnt get copied from flash to hdd nor i could copy anything to my flash. More over the size of the folder was around 4Gb when the capcity of my flash was a mere 64Mb. I then formatted the pendrive (using xp)and it worked right away.

Well if ur flash gives some error during formatting try formatting it through the gigabyte software.....

OP
A

ameto

Right off the assembly line
thanx cyrux for replying but i am still stuck ...

i tried to format but it again says that it is write protected

the gigabyte software also complains the same... i even tried to install the DSL on it but that also gave an errror...

do u have the same type of usb pen drive... and what software u got from gigabyte..

jay4u

In the zone
gud now save 4 gb of data on it including ur fav movies...... ha ha ha just joking......

format the drive and it will be okie.... it u have not backed u the data then...... oops u r in a trouble.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom