1. Hey Guest Did you know you can win an Honor 10 phone worth ₹33,000 and an additional ₹70,000 in paytm vouchers, just by replying to some threads and taking part in the discussions happening in the Honor Hub?

What are you waiting for? Start commenting and start winning! Remember to read the instructions posted here.

Dismiss Notice

Cannot write on USB pen drive !

Discussion in 'Hardware Q&A' started by ameto, Apr 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ameto

ameto New Member

hi

I got this USB free on my renewal on digit subscription ...128 m gigabyte usb pen drive.

A day ago i copied some file on is from the network ... the coping operation gave error saying network path not found in between ... so i deleted the files which had copied and retried... same problem occured... but from then on i could not delete the file copied... it gave an error saying

ERROR:cannot delete 'file' the disk is write protected
    Remove the write protection or use another disk

now i do not have access to write on the usb pen drive ... also one of the folder copied have file with garbled filenames and the folder shows a size of 12 GB !! i just dont get it ...
    i can read the file though..

i scaned the usb for any virus but there were no detection

what could be the problem ? please help ...there is no write protection switch on the pen drive like some others have.

thank u

2. cyrux

cyrux New Member

Fine, thats just the problem i had recently. The folder couldnt get copied from flash to hdd nor i could copy anything to my flash. More over the size of the folder was around 4Gb when the capcity of my flash was a mere 64Mb. I then formatted the pendrive (using xp)and it worked right away.

Well if ur flash gives some error during formatting try formatting it through the gigabyte software.....

3. OP
    OP
    ameto

ameto New Member

thanx cyrux for replying but i am still stuck ...

i tried to format but it again says that it is write protected

the gigabyte software also complains the same... i even tried to install the DSL on it but that also gave an errror...

do u have the same type of usb pen drive... and what software u got from gigabyte..

4. jay4u

jay4u New Member

gud now save 4 gb of data on it including ur fav movies...... ha ha ha just joking......

format the drive and it will be okie.... it u have not backed u the data then...... oops u r in a trouble.....

5. samrulez

samrulez New Member

Just format using the utilities with it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.