Cannot Use CD-RW

Status
Not open for further replies.

(S)aint

Right off the assembly line
I somehow cannot use(erase or burn) a ReWritable that i bought, but it works fine on my friend's PC!! :shock:
MOSER BAER RW
Samsung RW 52-24-52
Nero 6.6

Any Suggestions??

Oh and my sony RW still works fine in my drive!!

ashu888ashu888

Core i7 (nehalem) Owner
---->Try Reinstalling the CD-R/RW drivers form the Cd or floppy given to u along with ur product.

----> Look out for lose cable connections in ur mother board.

vasanth_12345

Journeyman
I donot know about nero6.6.But for using rewritables u need to install Incd from the nero6.6 cd.Incd allows to format ur rewritable and all other stuff.It will allow u to use ur rewritable as alarge floppy drive(if ur drive supports mt.rainier)

prathap_lab

Journeyman
hi,
@vasanth_12345, Incd is not compulsary for cd-rw's. it is just another method. even without that we can use cd-rw's in nero also.

@(S)aint, did you formated or used that rw first in your friends system.
why means, if he had used the Incd, that uses different writing tech. (format) than normal nero and then if you format it in your nero, the disk could not work properly. i lost a RW disk because of this reason.
so i think it may be the reason. anyway wait for others posts.
thank you.

OP
S

(S)aint

no my friend did use nero and not InCD

and i'm using Win XP SP2
and it says "Session fixation error"

blacklight

Journeyman
@(S)aint
ur friend has RW drive or combo drive ?? i hav heard of problems when cdrw first used with combo drive later not workin in cdrw drives

vijaythefool

In the zone
Have u burned the cd on a LG drive ? try deleting the cd at the slowest speed (Full erase) on the drive u last to write it .

Even i had the same problem once with moserbaer 8x-12X rw cd
got it corrected doing this .
try it , may fix the problem .

OP
S

(S)aint

well still not solved, after a bit of searching i did find a forum that sort of had the same problem only on a DVD though.. and the answer there was to upgrade firmware.....so that's what i did. That didnt work.....I'm just tired of this. I think I'll exchange the CD with someone :roll:

ramprasad

In the zone
Hi (S)aint
Dont give up.... Did u try to erase the Cd at slowest speed possible in the same drive... Coz I have done it and wow... it worked thereafter....

Regards,
Ramprasad

OP
S

(S)aint

well yes i did and as i said in the first post i cant even erase it...and i couldn't this time too. :roll:it says "Disc speed error"....and the only thing i found about that was to upgrade firmware which i did........so that leaves me with???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom