cannot hibernate

Status
Not open for further replies.

utsav

damn busy...
some days back i installed xp freshly and enabled hibernation. then after two or three days i was unable to hibernate. i checked the settings and found the hiberfile.sys present in C drive but hibernation was disabled automatically
.when i clicked on the checkox to enable hibernation ,it gave an error saying file is in use with another process.what to do help me:(

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
Re-install the Display driver please... installed the SP2 if you dont have... and then boot in safe mode, manualkly delete the file please... :) then try enable it :)

OP
utsav

utsav

damn busy...
its xp sp2 which is installed on my system .i think i hav to manually delete the file but how

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
hey utsav, just go thru the thread in the bottom of this page (similar threads). you may find the solution to ur problem.

infra_red_dude

Wire muncher!
what error does it give? you can try booting off a BartPE or a Linux Live CD with ntfs support (like knoppix) and try deleting the file.

Choto Cheeta

Rebooting
download a program called "Unlocker" *ccollomb.free.fr/unlocker/ use it under safe mode if possible to Delete the hybernate file which is under c:\ with name hiberfil.sys :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom