cannot browse internet

Status
Not open for further replies.

sujeet2555

In the zone
i have window xp -pro sp2.i use maxthon to surf the internet .i recently installed parental filtering software and found that some websites like imdb.com doesn't open.even when i am not running that software.i have un-installed thew software .but problem remains. anyone to help,please

devarajan

Journeyman
sujeet2555 said:
i have window xp -pro sp2.i use maxthon to surf the internet .i recently installed parental filtering software and found that some websites like imdb.com doesn't open.even when i am not running that software.i have un-installed thew software .but problem remains. anyone to help,please

Get me the name of the parental filtering software .Post the full detail's then only we can help u out. :cry:

anandk

Distinguished Member
probably it has added some sites to ur hosts file or the restricted sites list/zone, and hence they r not opening. just check these 2 lists and remove these sites from them.

utilities like 'update hosts' and 'zoned out' can help u here.

OP
sujeet2555

sujeet2555

In the zone
[quote="devarajan]
Get me the name of the parental filtering software .Post the full detail's then only we can help u out. :cry:[/quote]

there are no changes in my host file and no sites in restricted area.i have installed parental filter and content watch.i tried some others too to test their abilities.but i could not figured out who might do this.

OP
sujeet2555

sujeet2555

In the zone
both software doesn't ran on my system as
*content watch ask for license
*parental filter ask--it requires jet 8 for proper functioning.then it downloads it and starts the installation ( some KB---).but then it says your service pack is already have new file than being installed and installation cancels.every-time i start p.f. it starts again.

OP
sujeet2555

sujeet2555

In the zone
i figured it out that content watch is creating the problem.when i installed it ,it askes for serial and then if i cancels it ,it automatically uninstall.but i can see that it doesn't uninstall completely.it leaves some files in my system32 directory.is anyone know content watch.see
*www.contentwatch.com

i also noticed that there is a third party lsp installed
*i386pMSAFD
*Publisher: Solid Oak
*File name: lspcs.dll
*File path: c:\windows\system32\lspcs.dll
*File version: 1.0.0.11
*Description: internet filter lsp
*Original file-name: ifws2.dll

is it the problem.how can i remove it?

OP
sujeet2555

sujeet2555

In the zone
thanx for all your replies.my problem is solve .the real pain was the lsp (lspcs.dll by cyber-sitter).i googled it find the lsp fix and remove that lsp.and aah.. what a relief!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom